- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Caribbean Rum Balls Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Wheat In "Rum Balls"
- By Scott Adams
- Published 11/27/2011
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
The “Rum Balls" were distributed locally in retail stores and through mail orders.
The product comes in 4, 8 and 12 ounce, white packages with the Caribbean Rum Balls name and logo.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
All products are being re-labeled with new ingredient listings, including sub-ingredients and citing allergens.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-340-775-6616.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).