- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Velvet Crème Popcorn Co. Issues Allergy Alert On Undeclared Wheat In Products
- By Scott Adams
- Published 12/16/2011
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
- Velvet Crème Peanut Brittle, 4 oz. cellophane bags (contains milk)
- Velvet Crème Tail Gate Crunch, 1 lb. and 8 oz. cellophane bags (contains soy and wheat)
- Velvet Crème Sweet Cajun Heat, 1 lb. and 8 oz. cellophane bags (contains soy and wheat)
No illnesses have been reported in connection with these products.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered the products had undeclared ingredients of milk, soy and wheat. Subsequent investigation indicates the problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the company’s production and packaging process and has now been corrected.
Consumers who would like to return the products can do so at the retail store in Westwood, Kansas, Monday thru Saturday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-888-553-6708 during the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).