- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Popcorn Palace Issues Allergy Alert on 1-Gallon Value Bag Products Due to Undeclared Wheat
- By Scott Adams
- Published 12/21/2011
In 1994 I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which led me to create Celiac.com in 1995. I created this site for a single purpose: To help as many people as possible with celiac disease get diagnosed so they can begin to live happy, healthy gluten-free lives. Celiac.com was the first site on the Internet dedicated solely to celiac disease. In 1998 I founded The Gluten-Free Mall, Your Special Diet Superstore!, and I am the co-author of the book Cereal Killers, and founder and publisher of Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
People with one of these allergies run a risk of serious or potential life threatening allergic reactions if they consume these products:
- Cheddar Cheese, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy)
- White Cheddar, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy)
- Chicago Style, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy)
- Gourmet Caramel, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy)
- Rainbow, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains soy)
- Caramel Nut, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts (almonds, cashews))
- Chocolate Drizzle Caramel, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy)
- Cookies & Cream, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy, wheat)
- Spicy Cheese, 1-Gallon Value Bag (contains milk, soy, wheat)
- No illnesses have been reported in connection with these products.
Affected products would have been purchased after October 1st, 2011 through one of our fundraising programs.
This notice was initiated after it was discovered that shipments did not include the ingredient and allergen information. This issue has been corrected with updated packaging that includes nutrition facts, ingredients, and allergens applied directly to every item.
Consumers who have questions or would like additional information can call 1-800-873-2676.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).