- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Thank You for the Opportunity to Blog about Celiac Disease
- By Welda Johnson
- Published 05/28/2013
I've been intolerant of all grains, milk, dairy, egg whites and yeast for many years, evidenced by the affliction of asthma from age 8 on, starting in 1952. In 2000 I went completely gluten free, dairy free, egg white & yeast free, and have been getting better ever since. I was a teacher for 30 years, started writing at age 8 when I was in bed so much with asthma, bronchitis, and, often, pneumonia. I've been a Real Estate Broker for the past 2 years, and have always continued writing, as a newspaper reporter/photographer and freelance writer during the early 1980s, and as an author of books on San Diego County Indian history since 1975. I have 3 grown children, 7 grandchildren, a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law whom I love dearly. I also wrote an account called, "Grandma, Can I Eat That?" about my youngest grandson having celiac and mild intolerances when he was born. I am now 68, single, and finishing up another book on San Diego County Indian History.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).