- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Don't take my strawberries! (Are Strawberries Gluten-Free when Grown in Wheat Straw?)
- By Kimberly McGowan
- Published 06/11/2008
I was diagnosed with celiac disease in late February after a life long struggle with digestive issues. I am in an exploratory phase with food right now. I have found that many of my old favorite recipes are pleasantly converted to gluten free and have proudly toted my gluten free alternatives to many a covered dish gatherings with rave reviews. The diet however has many challenges and it helps to read through websites like these to see how others handle situations.
I have been reading articles that say that people with celiac shouldn't consume strawberries due to the fact that they are grown in straw. I picked strawberries with my children yesterday and I asked the local grower what type of straw
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).