This post is part of The Healthy Home Economist's Monday Mania!
I have never had any kind of souffle, so I am not sure if these little treats resemble it in any way other than it puffs up and falls. When I hit on this recipe, the kids were immediately in seventh heaven. Souffle is our number one requested food around here.
Winter Squash Souffle
1/4 c nut butter
1 c winter squash, cooked
8 large eggs
4 T ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1 T ghee in each of four 1.5 c (or larger) oven safe dishes (mugs work well) and place in oven to melt.
- Blend nut butter and winter squash. Add eggs and mix well. Fill each dish no more than halfway with egg mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes, until puffy and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with honey and yogurt.