When you want a little sweet, a little chewy, these macaroons are just the ticket. We got this recipe from our friends at Grain-Free Foodies. We like things a little less sweet than others, so we cut the honey down to 1/4 c.
6 egg whites
1/4 c honey
1.5 T vanilla extract OR 1 T vanilla extract plus 1 t almond extract
3 c shredded desiccated coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the honey and extract(s) slowly as you continue to beat until stiff.
- Add coconut while the mixer is running.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned but not scorched.
- Let cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.