The Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group invites you to our next meeting:
ABC'S OF GLUTEN-FREE FOR YOU, YOUR STUDENT, AND YOUR SCHOOL
Sunday, March 9th
1:15 - 4:00 pm
Phelps Memorial Hospital - C Level
701 N Broadway
Sleepy Hollow, NY
Starting at 1:15 pm:
- Three Dogs Gluten-Free Bakery
- Camp Eagle Hill
- NJY Camps
- Timmy's Gluten-Free Safari
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm:
Kids Activities - Lauren & Mike, both teachers, will provide music and fun activities.
Guest Speaker & Panel:
Sabra Staudenmaier, a WCSSG member, will share her family's experience developing and implementing a gluten-free lunch menu in their school district. The focus of the discussion will be the obstacles, failures and ultimate success they encountered.
Specific issue that will be discussed include:
- What is the National Lunch program and what information about the program is relevant to those wanting to buy gluten-free lunches at school?
- Tips on working with your SFA (School Food Authority), School Nurse, Nutritionist and Physician.
- What is a diet prescription? Why is it important?
- Lessons learned and advice for families who would like to initiate a gluten-free school lunch program.
The Discussion Continues... Transition from Public School to College:
Sabra's presentation addressing public school lunch programs will be followed by a panel of moms who have celiac "kids" in college. They will share their experiences and those of their college students who are navigating the college years.
Sabra and the panel will hold a Q&A following their presentations, so bring your questions and concerns.
No reservations are required. For more information, please email email@example.com