Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac Disease - Sleep
12 12

Discussions concerning sleeping problems and celiac disease.

254 topics in this forum

• 38 replies

• 88 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 27 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 74 replies
    • 59 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 35 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 21 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 9 replies
12 12
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Where do I start??
      I will be going for my endoscopy on Februry 19. The other day in reading about Celiacs, I read about the strange rashes often associated with celieacs and gluten intolerrance. About six months ago, a rash exactly as you describe showed up on the backs of my knees. The doctor didn't know what it was, hought maybe it was ringworm, and gave me some topical medicine, and the spots did go away with time. However, I've had the same type of spots show up in other places occassionally. I know for a fact they were not ringworm.
    • Advice on reintroducing dairy.
      I can!   Start with hard cheeses, then yogurt/butter, soft cheeses and finally milk/cream.  Start slowly and build.  Give yourself time to get your body to release the enzymes necessary to digest lactose.  Certified gluten-free enzymes for lactose can help the transition.  Lactose free milk and ice cream are helpful too.  Remember, that genetically some of us are predisposed to being lactose intolerant no matter what (e.g. aging, race).   I wish you success!      
    • Gluten free diet, positive celiac screen...what should I eat now?
      Here is a link that explains why you should get tested (completely) for celiac disease: https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/diagnosing-celiac-disease/diagnosis/ As far as the link to the functional doctor....why?  If you get a celiac diagnosis, chances are you will heal on a gluten free diet.  As you have probably seen on this forum, most of us encourage newly diagnosed members to eat a whole-foods, easy-to-digest (a.k.a "cooked to death")  gluten-free diet to speed healing.  Going Paleo might not be the best right now, if you have celiac disease.  Eating lots of nuts, raw fruits and veggies can be tough on a damaged gut.  You can try that diet later!   Everyone is different due to various degrees of damage, so some may have temporary intolerances  (e.g. lactose).  You just have to experiment.   Save your money and spend it on good wholesome food.  I heartily support getting away from the SAD (Standard American Diet).   Celiac disease is the one autoimmune disorder that is healed by avoiding a food -- gluten!  
    • Itchy skin
      I have DH and itchy skin is a symptom.     Your Dermatologist could write a script for Dapsone, provided you're not allergic to Sulphur.     Expect blood labs to go with using Dapsone.      You need to study everything that goes in your mouth for possible gluten content, including all meds.
    • Advice on reintroducing dairy.
      Hello,  I am currently 20 months, 1 day gluten-free. I stopped consuming dairy a few weeks after going gluten-free when I realized I was having lingering symptoms. Since going gluten-free dairy-free each day has been a day closer to feeling like my old self. As a child never had any issues with gluten or dairy. It wasn't until a year before my blood test/endoscopy that I began getting sick or noticing any issues. Diaherria, nausea, abdominal pain like I ate a sparkler, shaking and trembling. My whole experience before going gluten free was a nightmare. That year I lived in fear of leaving my home because I would be so sick and restroom hopping and uncomfortable at work. As of now, I m doing much better. I can tolerate things I couldn't following my diagnosis... Orange juice, coffee, salsa... And have gained 10 pounds back. I do miss cheese dearly but am afraid to try and see if I can tolerate dairy again. Is there anyone who can give any advice about reintroducing dairy? When is the best time to try? Should I wait I until I hit my 2 year mark? Any advice, successful or unsuccessful stories would be much appreciated so I can decide what the next step is for me... Or if I will even make a step. That ks in advance. ~Nora.
  • Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Valou