Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten-Free Travel
27 27

Discussions concerning how to maintain a gluten-free diet while traveling, including great gluten-free places to visit.

1,904 topics in this forum

• 0 replies

1. Ads by Google:
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 10 replies

• 5 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
27 27
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Welcome!   I am confused.  Did you have a negative celiac blood test or a negative biopsy (taken via endoscopy)?
    • In addition to cheese made with yogurt, hard cheeses like cheddar, romano, parmesaen etc are also going to be lactose free. Eggs are also a good source of protein if you eat them. Do bear in mind that celiac can really mess with your head. It can cause depression and anxiety that can get worse for a short time when you first go gluten free. your life is not over by any means. The reason why you see more people on boards and in forums that are having problems is because most when they heal go on with their lives. We don't hear from them with the exception of a few that stick around to help people that are still struggling. Hang in there it will get better.
    • You are sick.  Depression and anxiety are symtoms of celiac disease (and many other illnesses).  It is hard now to look forward and imagine a great life, but it is possible.  I think you are already in the thick of the grieving process right now.  Reaching out to this forum can be very healing emotional (it is not just all common sense advice about gluten-free food!).  I did not say not to exercise, but to do it gently.  This is not the time to train for a marathon or triathlon!   The SCD Lifestyle site....it is all about the money.  Seriously.  They are selling a book. 
    • They are big on selling books -. They try to spam a lot forums and FB groups. why can't you eat nuts, nut flours, quinoa, hummus and beans? I think I missed that. Those are a good source of protein.  If you can't digest lactose look for a lactose free cheese - like one made from yogurt. at first,I thought life was over.  But with a few years of experience, I have found it isn't that big of a deal. It helps to have an attitude of "I am not here for the food.  I am here for the wine ( or the company . ). Also helps to not care what people think - "I don't care if you think it's odd that I brought my own lunch to the funeral luncheon. "( And it helps that my lunch looks better than theirs lol.)
    • Gracey, It am a mother and I am going to give you some  valuable advice.  You need to keep and document everything related to your health.  Every lab test result, notes from your doctor's visits, etc.  Why?  Because only you are your best health advocate (except for your mom).  Doctors come and go, but it is up to you to manage your health.   When I changed insurance and doctors, I had copies of all my medical records in hand.  My new PCP was impressed.  There was no doubt that I had celiac disease, fractures, Hashimoto's and diabetes, anemia, etc.  I had physical proof.  As an result, she was quick to refer me to a new GI  and order tests to measure my progress  (e.g bone scans).  My family health history chart helped not just me, but other family members.   So, find out if biopsies were taken during your endoscopy.  Get the pathologist's report.  See if your doctor checked for other issues besides celiac disease.   Hugs!  
  • Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Jross69