Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten-Free Travel
27 27

Discussions concerning how to maintain a gluten-free diet while traveling, including great gluten-free places to visit.

1,895 topics in this forum

• 2 replies

1. Ads by Google:
    • 7 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies

• 1 reply
    • 10 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
27 27
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Oat Flour making me sick?
      I wouldn't be afraid to use a stainless steel pot that other things had been cooked in AS LONG AS YOU WASH THEM VERY WELL before making her food.
    • to biopsy or not?
      You are MOST welcome! No problem with making these recipes. If you just follow the directions they lay out, you will be absolutely fine! BTW, I chose to make everything using the flour blend they give you the recipe for. It really is better than the pre-made flours you can buy. To make things easier, I make a double batch of the flour blend and put it in a BIG tupperware (plastic) container & keep in the fridge. That way when I go to make anything I just scoop out the amount I need. Secondly, get yourself a cheap little kitchen scale. I got this one & it works great. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TCFE0I?psc=1 Mine doesn't have the removable glass or the kitchen timer but otherwise is just like this one. This one is more like the one I got http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Digital-Kitchen-Capacity-Elegant/dp/B002IR6OP8 Weighing out your ingredients makes a huge difference & really it's so much easier than measuring everything in measuring cups. As far as the coffee cake recipe..... I changed it a little bit so it would be like a gluten coffee cake I used to make & we loved. It turns out a little more healthy as well with dried fruit I put in it. I didn't make the topping that they do. These are the changes I made. In the batter, instead of the 1 Tblsp. of cinnamon I used 1 teaspoon. In the batter, I added dried apricots & raisins --- I do it by feel so I will say about 1/2 cup of each maybe a tad more.  My Topping: Then in a separate bowl I put about 1.5 teaspoons of cinnamon, about 3/4 cup of dark brown sugar, and some melted butter. Mix the dry ingredients & pour the butter in mixing the mixture with your fingers. You want the mixture crumbly yet moist. Put the batter in the oven for 5 min. & then take out & crumble the topping on top, then it all goes back in the oven & bake according to directions in the recipe. You could add nuts, dried dates, any dried fruits or nuts you like!   Finally, you owe it to yourself to get some really good pans. This for loaves of bread as gluten free bread requires the extra height & support these pans give. You won't have to use parchment paper or make the tin foil collar which is a pita. http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/bread-loaf-pan-9-x-4-x-4 These are great for making the dinner roll recipe into burger buns: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/individual-pie-and-burger-bun-pan
    • celiac disease is psychosomatic
      Actually, there is a place I could complain to about how my request to amend my record was handled. zthey really messed up onthis one. I think this doctor was too careless to set a HIPPA policy in place or doesn't pay attention to generic forms included to fill out with new patient forms. I'm debating whether or not to file a complaint. If the doctor adds derogatory remarks to my report, I will definitely file a complaint. I really should file a complaint for all the patients who are mistreated, but I don't need more stress in my life. I have found doctors like her create stress or sometimes it's best to say goodbye without further contact. Can I Appeal if a Covered Entity Refuses to Make an Amendment? Maybe. An institution must accept complaints about its health privacy policies and practices. Filing a complaint with an institution may not be the equivalent of filing an appeal of a denial of a request for amendment, but it may help if it forces someone new at the covered entity to review your request. However, some institutions may accept formal appeals. Consult the institution’s notice of privacy practices to see if there is an appeal method for a denial of a request for amendment. Talk to the privacy officer at the covered entity to see if you can obtain help. You can also complain to the Secretary of the federal Department of Health and Human Services about how your request was handled. The Department’s Office of Civil Rights processes complaints. You can find information about the process at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/complaints/index.html. You have another alternative. When a covered entity denies your request for amendment, it must tell you that you can request the covered entity to provide a copy of your request for amendment with any subsequent disclosure of the disputed information. In some instances, it may be important to make the request. Remember that the covered entity is not required to tell others about the dispute unless you ask.    
    • Johnny Carinos
      According to Johnny Carino's' gluten free menu, the potato soup is safe to eat. However, their allergen guide says the soup has wheat. Anybody know which is right? I contacted my local restaurant and sent an email to the email address listed on their website. However, my local place did not know, and no one has responded to my emails yet. I would love to try this restaurant, but now I am worried if it is safe.  allergen guide http://pmgdata.s3.amazonaws.com/menu/75327/pdf/allergy_info_guide_7-21-13_8731.pdf   gluten free menu http://glutenfreeguidehq.com/johnny-carinos-gluten-free-menu/    
    • Celiac.com: Gluten-Free Diets Are Not Necessarily Healthier, Doctors Warn
      Out of about 15,800 children in the schools, 78 were on a gluten-free diet. Of these, 60 percent had celiac disease, an immune condition that makes ... View the full article
  • Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    deandrade