Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten-Free International Room (Outside USA)
12 12

Discussions about living gluten-free in Canada, Australia, Asia & Pacific Rim, UK, Europe, etc.

534 topics in this forum

• 4 replies

1. Ads by Google:
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply

• 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 11 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
12 12
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Celiac Night Vision
      Thanks Cristiana. It was Mistyx7 and night driving. Migraine type is very personal but does not appear to be closely connected to celiac or my peculiar scotomas. If you think going gluten-free has improved it that deserves a separate topic!
    • Burning Sensation
      The last post was from 2011.   if you can eat a regular pizza crust with no issue, then gluten isn't your problem.  You might want to look for something else.  The amount of gluten in a beer or fryer cc is very very small compared to eating a pizza crust.   I am assuming you do not have Celiac disease.
    • Anxiously waiting
      Ditto what Christiana said.
    • Burning Sensation
      Hi there, does it feel like you are 'pooping' acid? whether its soft or hard? if so, and you are intolerant to gluten, i would say your food was contaminated. things that trigger this effect in me heavily and rapidly: beer, fried foods (if the same oil is used to fry other foods that contain gluten, ie restaurants) and on a lower extent normal bread. i can get away with eating a regular thin crust pizza once a week or 2 weeks. but if i have that 2-3 days in a row i get what you described up there. however 1 can of beer has the worst and quickest effect on me. same with fried foods. the more the oil is saturated with gluten the worse it is. ive had a bad reaction after eating 2 fries from a fish and chips fast food restaurant. since the oil was used to fry breaded fish all day long. i hope this helps. im still looking for a way to ease this symptom when it occurs. none can be found not even anti acid, or proton pump inhibitors. lastly, out of personal experience, hemorrhoids can appear after a bad session of what i refer to as acid poop. whether it is acid or not, it feels like acid. as it 'burns' the skin it comes into contact with leaving it irritated for hours or days if it happend on multiple instances.   good luck  and get well
    • tightness in throat after eating gluten?
      Hello 1398_Days!  Sounds like an allergy to me - although I would have thought if it were gluten exposure it would gradually reduce rather than keep coming back???  Of course, there are a lot of seasonal allergens out there at the moment if you are in the Northern hemisphere.    If you are at all concerned I would raise it with your doctor.    
  • Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SueJ