Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac Disease - Coping With
125 125

This part of the forum is for techniques and information on how to cope with celiac disease and the gluten-free diet

14,864 topics in this forum

• 9 replies

1. Ads by Google:
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 6 replies

• 5 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
125 125
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Question on posting
      I have brought this to Admin's attention. 
    • How effective is HD skin biopsy after being gluten free for a year
      I think your Doctor is at fault for not making clear to you what you needed to do in the lead up to the biopsy. If dairy is the suspected cause and you've since cut it from your diet is it possible the biopsy could become invalid? You could end up having a pointless invasive procedure with the danger of a false positive/negative at the end. I think you should get in touch with your Doctor, let them know you've removed dairy from your diet and ask if that will impact on the results.  On the question of psoriasis or DH, that's something I've wondered about as well. Most of my skin issues improved  after gluten-free but they didnt resolve. Dairy has a big impact on them to this day. Whereas when, a year after going gluten-free, some inadvertent exposure to barley malt caused what I think was DH on my elbows it went after I removed the suspect food from my diet.  Hopefully thread below is of interest, best of luck with your diagnosis and ongoing journey to health      
    • Abuse and celiac/gi problems
      my personal symptoms above. Did another blood test and results came negative again, (gene test also negative). Found something that's interesting, useful for those that receive negative results and still convinced they have celiac or have some sort of food sensitivity(like i was). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2834720/ more links: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4479362/ http://bit.ly/1UlUTpq Kinda solved it for me, cause i personally went through all types of abuse as a child, had symptoms listed above, got better now, hardly any symptoms.  As a note my siblings went through similar situations to a lesser degree, and they both have GI issues growing up. Feel free to ask, and inform people about this, cause all those times the doctor said IBS or 'its in your head' it might be true. ( ~3 doctors I went for celiac didn't believe I have it, just cause i'm asian ;\)
    • New to this--first gluttened exp. How to feel better?
      Great advice above. It's not certain you were glutened and even if you were don't be hard on yourself. I do that way too much myself and it's not productive. Sometimes it will happen however careful you are.  Whilst your healing, why not look into making bone broths?  I make both soup and stock from them and they're supposedly very good for healing your gut. I also had a go at sauerkraut, not very successfully! When I ask for a salad now I ask for it without any dressing, just a bottle of olive oil and, should they have it, cider vinegar. It tastes fine to me and I don't have to worry about what may have made it into the dressing. Your tastes adjust over time. These days I don't want lots of different complex flavours, I stick to whole foods where possible and the fewer variables the better.  Good luck
    • How effective is HD skin biopsy after being gluten free for a year
      Looks like you got some good info from previous posters.   I don't understand why you and your doctor think that dairy contains gluten?  Lactose is a sugar not a protein like gluten.  I think you have some other issues.  
  • Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Ladywolf