2. Caucasian/Northern European
3. 40 diagnosed at age 41
4. Pre dx: 5'81/2' 146lbs post Dx: 5'81/2' 143 lbs.
5. Doctor diagnosed 1993
6. Upper and Lower GI series - normal
Large and small intestine biopsies
9. It was about 15 months. When I first became ill the symptoms subsided after two months, and I regained the weight I had lost. The second episode began about 10 months later. My daughter's pediatrician recognized the symptom pattern. I had previously been dx as having irritable bowel while in graduate school, but the symptoms came and went on a very intermittent basis.
10. Just recently my 17 year old son was diagnosed as a celiac. No other family member, that we know of, has the disease.