Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts
bioproject added a topic in Celiac Disease - Related Disorders & ResearchNew Survey For Honor's BiologyHello, my name is Kristin and I am a freshman in High School. For my Honors Biology class we are doing long-term projects and I chose to do research on Celiac Sprue. This survey is a major portion of my long-term project. I would be very appreciative if you would fill out the below questions:
1. Are you male or female?
2. What ethnic race are you?
3. What age did you first recognize that you were sick? What age did you get diagnosed?
4. What was your average weight and height before diagnosis and one year after your diagnosis?
5. Are you doctor-diagnosed or self-diagnosed? And what year?
6. If you are doctor-diagnosed, please list the various tests that the doctors did (upper gi, endoscope biopsy, etc).
7. Does it include dairy, yeast, etc?
8. Do you have any other type of diseases, related or not? Please list.
9. How long of time was there between when you first recognized you were sick to when you were doctor-diagnosed or, in the alternative, self-diagnosed?
10. In your family, does Celiac Sprue or a related disease appear more often in female or male relatives? Please list all relations and include what gender and related disease (celiac sprue, crohns, colitis, etc).
Shortly after I was born, my mother was doctor-diagnosed with Celiac Sprue at 23 years of age. This has affected our family
- 20 replies
- 2,995 views