Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  




Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:




Ads by Google:






   Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

DaDarth

Members
  • Content count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About DaDarth

  • Rank
    New Community Member
  1. I'm in Ontario and they charge around $120 for it. I'm looking into seeing if my insurance will pay for it. I wouldn't mind taking it now and then in a month or so if it comes back negative.
  2. Hi Skylark, Thanks for the response. I think I will tough it out an extra month. In Canada the test isn't covered and I will pay for it out of pocket. I want to maximize my chance at a positive result.
  3. Hello all, I'm two months today into a Gluten challenge and still wondering if I should go to 3 months to ensure an accurate blood test result. It started for me over 10 years ago when I was just out of college and feeling so run down and tired that my doctor thought I might have Mono and ended up testing me for everything including HIV. At the same time I was suffering from reoccurring mouth sores, heart palpitations and generalized joint pain. My tests showed nothing and no one could connect the dots. Fast forward to 3 years ago, I awoke in the night with horrible nausea. At the same time I was having urinary pain and generalized aches and pains with no sign of infection. Still no one connected the dots. I ended up on heart burn meds and nothing worked to treat my issue. On the advice of a friend I went and saw a naturopath. I was desperate and faling apart. She told me to go Gluten free and in a month most of my symtoms were gone. I did cheat from time to time and never noticed a direct reaction. It always seemed to be more elusive then that. Things would manifest days later. It has been such a frustrating thing for me. I could never tell if gluten was the real cause but everyone around me told me it was. They could see the mood change and the signs even before I could. So here I sit waiting to be tested, almost hoping for a positive test so that I can go on with my new lifestyle. The mouth sores are back and the back / hip pain is there. I'm tired and foggy and have reflux. I'm looking for my diagnosis because I have two little kids and I want to ensure that their risk is taken seriously by doctors etc. Should I wait the extra month?