Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts
GfreeMe added a topic in Celiac Disease - SleepExhausted <9 Hours Of SleepHi guys,
So I've been 'in recovery' for about 2 years and I feel great. My only problem is that if I get less than 9 hours of sleep I am really tired the next day.
Is this normal or am I having celiac related issues that I should do something about?
Thanks so much!
- 3 replies
- 1,898 views
GfreeMe added a topic in Celiac Disease - Post Diagnosis, Recovery/Treatment(s)Where Next? Still TiredHey fellow Celiacs,
first off thanks for the sense of support and knowledge you all offer. this forum is a wealth of knowledge.
I'm a 23 year old male and was diagnosed almost 3 months ago. I've been really good the past 2 months with ingredients and CC, and have seen improvements in my energy levels. I do however, still have times where I'm exhausted, unmotivated and hence pessimistic. These bouts are between a couple hours and a couple days, and are particularly frustrating because I work with people in the wilderness 8 days in a row (energy needed!). Also, I'm frequently tired just after eating, even when I'm positive it's all gluten-free. Some mornings I'm ready to rock, sometimes I don't leave to house. What's the deal!?
My question is where to go from here. Reading the forums has left me confused as to what to pursue next. Should I pursue:
1) Vitamins? I'm taking omega 3 fish oil and vit D daily, last checked my D levels were deficient but B were OK. Should I take magnesium or multis?
2) Do I just need to give it more time?
3) Do I have blood sugar issues? Often getting tired right after eating is weird to me, and I feel like my energy is variable throughout the days and weeks.
4) What should I do when I get into a low energy funk? I try to eat nutritious foods, but otherwise I just get discouraged.
5) Should I get tested for anything else?
6) Doctor vs Nutritionist? Either? Neither? Both?
Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.
- 14 replies
- 2,448 views