A day to stroll and browse the wares of scores of vendors of gluten-free offerings … half a dozen free workshops covering all aspects of the gluten-free lifestyle … and the opportunity to swap tips and stories with hundreds of other people who follow the gluten-free diet.
That is what is on tap at the New England Gluten-Free Expo on Sunday, Oct. 20, at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Norwood, MA. The Healthy Villi is the organizer of the gluten-free Expo.
“It’s the perfect occasion for shopping for your long-time favorite gluten-free foods, while discovering dozens of tasty new items,” said Lee Graham, president of the Healthy Villi.
The gluten-free Expo will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel at 1125 Boston Providence Turnpike (Route 1) in Norwood, MA.
Six free workshops will be held at 10:30, 12:00 and 2:00 and seating will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Workshops include:
1. Above and Beyond Gluten Free: Seven Critical Steps to Total Health
Presented by Wendie Levitan, MD, Co-Founder of Visions Medical Center
2. Eating Out Around the World Gluten Free
Presented by Kim Koeller, Founder of GlutenFree Passport
3. Fall Festival of Flavors: Quinoa Tabbouleh and Pumpkin Roll, Gluten-Free Cooking Demo
Given by Oonagh Williams, New England television chef and award-winning cooking instructor
4. Gluten Free Challenges: Family and Professional Dynamics, Strategies and Opportunities
Presented by Lauren Komack,MSW, LICSW, and Chris Mirick, Esq
5. Newly Diagnosed Workshop: Off to a Great Start! Presented by Laurie Higgins, MS, RD, LDN, CDE
6. Tips and Tools for Living Gluten Free: A Personal Journey
Presented by Sara Vollmer, Co-Manager, GIG of Fargo/Moorhead Support Group, North Dakota
To learn more or register online now for the gluten-free Expo, visit www.healthyvilli.org
Gluten Free Expo
The Gluten Free Expo hosted by the Healthy Villi
Sunday, October 21, 2012
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The Four Points Sheraton Hotel
Savor the products of over 85 vendors.
Stroll, shop and sample an enormous variety of gluten-free goodies!
Free Workshops Include: