Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts
sammy01 added a topic in Celiac Disease - Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & SymptomsCan Symptoms Come On Suddenly?I just wanted to know if symptoms can come and go suddenly because I have had other symptoms before but never anything as bad these past few weeks. I still can't get a doctors appointment, he's just come off holiday and is fully booked for the next 3 weeks! I'm guessing my symptoms will probably be gone by then.
Symptoms these past 5-6 weeks are:
- serious stomach bloating/distension
- hard stomach
- tender around abdomen/intestine area
- sharp pain which lasted a few hours a few inches from belly button at left
- laxative didn't work
- loss of appetite
- pain in stomach and increased hunger (even after eating a short while earlier), eating makes the pain better for a while
- pressure in stomach after eating
- increased sensitivity to milk (with no change to the amount added)
- increased gas
- stomach cramps
- shaky, weak and feeling jellified at times
- unable to think clearly
Symptoms I've had all my life:
- possible lactose intolerence (I had a small amount of milk in a coffee for years, slight too much and I felt nauseous)
- stomach cramps even when eating same thing as others I was the only one experiencing pain and gas
- chronic constipation
- dry skin
- wounds not healing properly, no matter how small
- easily bruise
- chronic fatigue
- 8 replies
- 5,209 views
sammy01 added a topic in Celiac Disease - Pre-Diagnosis, Testing & SymptomsDoes It Sound Like I Could Have Celiac?I am going to my doctor as soon as he is back off holiday but I would like to know if this could possibly be Celiac, if anyone can help?
Every now and again I would always seem to get an upset stomach. All my life I've suffered from constipation, only going once a week, twice if lucky lol. I also have chronic fatigue, find it hard to concentrate/suffer from brain fog. A few weeks ago things started to get really bad, I bloated so much and had stomach pains, cramps, gas, lack of appetite and feeling full quickly when eating, I also felt pressure in the middle of my stomach a while after eating. The bloating never stayed constant, it went down a while and came back. About a week passed and the bloating and other symptoms stayed although my appetite increased slightly. The symptoms were the same up until this week were I have felt all the same symptoms other than lack of appetite, this time I've been feeling so hungry I eat more than ever. I went on a diet in November and was losing 4lbs a week and then gaining 2lbs or so. The only thing that has changed is that I am eating more pasta, noodles and wholemeal bread than ever before. I only ever have a small amount of milk in a coffee as the slightest bit too much starts to make me feel nauseous and I don't eat other dairy products either. I also had a sharp pain last week on my left side near my belly button, it feels slightly tender now but I havn't had the same feeling since. Also I have dry skin mainly on arms and scratches don't seem to heal I end up with scars from small things. Also really easily irritated lately and my family have noticed it too.
None of my immediate family seem to have these problems other than me, there has also not been anyone in the family diagnosed with Celiac.
Thanks for any help.
- 3 replies
- 1,572 views