This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Is Your Opinion?

micheleph

micheleph Rookie

I am looking for a really good bread to enjoy with a meal, while everyone is eating their bread, over the holidays. I have tried a lot of bread but have yet to find one that I can pull out of the oven crusty on the outside and warm and soft on the inside. Oh, I would really like it if it didn't fall apart too. Maybe I am just asking to much?

Has anyone had such a gluten-free bread? I would be forever grateful if you could share the name of the bread with me!

Thank you thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jenvan Collaborator

hmm, so you are looking not for a sandwich bread so much? kinnikinnick makes these really great english muffins (thicker than real ones). i use them as my sub for "rolls" at holiday/family dinners with butter and jam. you can toast them in the oven. we also like to toast them on the grill with burgers etc. chebe also has great bread mixes you could try--you could make quite a few variations from the mixes they have available. i also like some of the manna from anna mixes too. they have a pretty good soft bread texture--not spongey like many gluten-free breads.

LaurieAnn13 Newbie

My new favorite is the bread that Whole Foods makes... The brand is The Gluten-Free Bakehouse, so far, I would have to say their bread is the closest I have found to "real" bread.... My personal favorite is the sundried tomato and roasted garlic bread....

Good Luck!

Laurie

pixiegirl Enthusiast

Manna by Anna. Second place is Whole foods market.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

1. Cybros Rice Rolls

2. Kinnikinnick

3. Foods By George Cinnamon English Muffins

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Sterk's bread is my favorite.

Open Original Shared Link

• 2 weeks later...
jerseyangel Proficient

Another good bread is from Whole Foods Gluten Free Bakery--the cinnamon raisin bread. It is great toasted.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Gluten free bakery items by whole foods- so good.

Foods by George corn muffins- toasted in a toaster oven with butter...yum.

Banana bread by the gluten free whole foods bakery-like real bread.

killernj13 Enthusiast

My new favorite is the bread that Whole Foods makes... The brand is The Gluten-Free Bakehouse, so far, I would have to say their bread is the closest I have found to "real" bread.... My personal favorite is the sundried tomato and roasted garlic bread....

Good Luck!

Laurie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote

Laurie,

I would have to agree with you on the garlic & tomato bread from Whole Foods

Kevin

burdee Enthusiast

I like Kinnikinnick Brown Sandwich Bread and Ener-G Foods Brown Rice Sweet Potato English muffins and Harvest Bread.

BURDEE

cornbread Explorer

If you want to make your own, the 'Homemade Wonderful gluten-free Bread' mix by Bob's Red Mill is very good. Turns out a great loaf of white bread. Texture is terrific - it's a little heavier than flour bread but it's soft in the middle with a crust, (hey, like bread!) and it doesn't fall apart or crumble so you can make sandwiches no problem, and toasted it is lovely. I just make mine in a mixer and the oven, very easy.

kevsmom Contributor

Glutano Corn Bread is really good. I took 2 frozen slices, wrapped them in a paper towel and nuked them for 30 seconds. They came out feeling FRESH and SOFT! I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on them. Yum. :)

BabySnooks Rookie
hmm, so you are looking not for a sandwich bread so much?  kinnikinnick makes these really great english muffins (thicker than real ones).  i use them as my sub for "rolls" at holiday/family dinners with butter and jam.  you can toast them in the oven.  we also like to toast them on the grill with burgers etc.  chebe also has great bread mixes you could try--you could make quite a few variations from the mixes they have available.  i also like some of the manna from anna mixes too.  they have a pretty good soft bread texture--not spongey like many gluten-free breads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went without bread for 3 months because of the yucky breads I had tried that didn't even resemble real bread! Then I discovered Breads from Anna and it is wonderful! She makes a wonderful bread mix. I ate 3 slices as soon as it came out of the oven.

Felidae Enthusiast

I just started making Bette Hagman's Four Bean Flour breads. Wow, this is the closest thing to real bread that I have yet to see and taste. If you can bake your own breads, give her cookbooks a try.

rma451 Newbie

hi,

I just bought the book"the best Gluten-Free" Donna Washburn

she has a recipe for raisin cinnamon bread , unbelievable, awesome,

my family felt it was better than the gluten version in stores.

I played with it just a little changed a few flours for my preference and added a little vanilla,

It was high, not crumbly, moist , tender flavorfull, nice crust , need I say more ,lol

I have made several diffrent recipes for breads this was by far my favorite, with the other being a white bread that uses some almond flour . that one was bery good too.

this one recipe paid for the book . It is that good.

gl rosie

rma451 Newbie

hi,

I just bought the book"the best Gluten-Free" Donna Washburn

she has a recipe for raisin cinnamon bread , unbelievable, awesome,

my family felt it was better than the gluten version in stores.

I played with it just a little changed a few flours for my preference and added a little vanilla,

It was high, not crumbly, moist , tender flavorfull, nice crust , need I say more ,lol

I have made several diffrent recipes for breads this was by far my favorite, with the other being a white bread that uses some almond flour . that one was very good too.

this one recipe paid for the book . It is that good.

gl rosie

Archived