This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Any Favorite Gluten-Free Vegan Cookbooks?

RyanIN

RyanIN Rookie

Does anyone have a favorite gluten-free vegan cookbook? I have the Gluten-Free Vegan and Gluten-Free Vegan Comfort Foods cookbook. But, I'm hoping to find some more cookbooks worth having and possibly a baking cookbook with good bread recipes that gluten-free and vegan! Any suggestions?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

You might find more on the Internet. You could make your own cookbook by printing them out. I use a loose leaf binder and put recipes inside the sheet protectors. Makes them easy to wipe off and you can take them out of the binder when cooking so you only have 1 paper on the counter.

She seems to do a lot of vegan baking :

Open Original Shared Link

This one does a lot of juices/ smoothies but she has some other recipes that look interesting:

mommida Enthusiast

We have our own gluten free cookbook published author here. (moderator's can I post a member's cookbook?)

I love love LOVE The Allergen- Free Baker's Handbook How to Bake without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts, and Sesame by Cybele Pascal

kareng Grand Master

I just saw her almond/ flax vegan pizza dough on FB. Not all her recipes are vegan, but many are.

Kelleybean Enthusiast

I don't know about the cookbook, but love this website: www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com. All her recipes are vegan. She is not gluten free but every recipe I've ever seen her publish either is or includes modifications.

mommida Enthusiast

Keep the cookbooks you already have. You can use your favorite gluten free flour blend. (Product or from a cookbook blend watch for added xanthan gum for the mix or if you have to add it yourself (guar gum can be used too))

Better Batter

Gluten Free Pantry

Tom Saywer

Arrowhead mills

Kinnicknick (this has pea starch in it and surprise pea starch can cause additional food sensitivities in some patients)

Others can tell you their favorite brands or personal flour blend ratio.

Keep a food journal. It can help find hidden gluten or figure out other food intolerances.

RyanIN Rookie

I just ordered some Almond Flour so that I can try making that pizza dough!  Looks awesome in the picture!  I just wish almond flour was a little cheaper.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I just saw her almond/ flax vegan pizza dough on FB. Not all her recipes are vegan, but many are.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VeggieGal Contributor

Hiya, I'm looking for ideas too. This book looks good ....Susan O’Brien’s ~ Gluten Free Vegan Comfort Food

and also try the website www.glutenfreevegan.com for ideas (even has a dog biscuit recipe) ..the recipes look yummy

EDIT...sorry just realised you already have gluten free vegan comfort foods but heres a few more to have a look at:-

The Gluten-Free Vegan: 150 Delicious Ways to Cook Allergy-Free-Without Dairy, Wheat or Meat by Susan O'Brien

BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles by Erin McKenna

BabyCakes: Vegan, (Mostly) Gluten-Free, and (Mostly) Sugar-Free Recipes from New York's Most Talked-About Bakery also by Erin McKenna

The Flying Apron Gluten-free and Vegan Baking Book by Jennifer Katzinger

The 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes for Your Vegan Kitchen by Kelly Keough

The Vegan Therapeutic Meal Plan for Asthma: A Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Anti Inflammatory Diet Plan for Relieving Bronchial Inflammation by Paul Becker

Pure and Simple, Delicious Whole Natural Foods Cookbook. Vegan, MSG Free and Gluten Free by Tami A. Benton

Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes by Kim Lutz

Happyw5 Explorer

We have our own gluten free cookbook published author here. (moderator's can I post a member's cookbook?)

I love love LOVE The Allergen- Free Baker's Handbook How to Bake without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts, and Sesame by Cybele Pascal

I have the same cook book!  We love it..She uses a great flour blend as well...

RyanIN Rookie

I have the same cook book!  We love it..She uses a great flour blend as well...

I'll have to check this book out.

Archived