kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Just had one of these. Pretty good!

http://www.glutino.c...toaster-pastry/

Disclaimer - Yes. I know they are not " good" for me. But I think we need some fun foods occasionally. Poptarts are big at my kid's HS. Nice for a kid to have the same junk the others have.

They are individually wrapped so great to take with your toaster Baggie to a sleep- over. Could serve to gluten eaters.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Awesome! Got a $0.55 off coupon too.

The new product has eggs in it so it won't work for our household, but I'm so glad there is another replacement for most Celiacs. :D
Michigan

#3 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Awesome! Got a $0.55 off coupon too.

The new product has eggs in it so it won't work for our household, but I'm so glad there is another replacement for most Celiacs. :D

Can't please everyone! :D

I have no issues with anything other than gluten right now, so I didn't even look at that. There is a vegan gluten-free bakery here in KC that made a poptart type thing. So there is hope for your family.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#4 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'm not complaining. I bought stock in that company. Not complaining at all!
Michigan

#5 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'm not complaining. I bought stock in that company. Not complaining at all!

I know. I'm just joking with you.

You bought stock in the company? Is it doing well?

santa-dance.gif

#6 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

Yes. It has doubled $ since I bought it. I figured I would be a lifelong customer, so why not?
Michigan

#7 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Yes. It has doubled $ since I bought it. I figured I would be a lifelong customer, so why not?

I'm thinking you're a genius. ;) I'm thinking the gluten-free market has exploded and it's only going to get bigger.
Good for you. and now, I'm thinking I may break open my piggy bank and buy some myself.

and although I am not a pop tart fan myself, I did enjoy them once and a while as a kid (yes, they've been around since the civil war :P) and I think it's great that G F kiddos(like Karen)  can have them too. Smart company!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#8 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Oh, my! My husband will be a happy man now! ;) Nothing like a little junk to brighten up your day.

Thanks for the review.....now all they have to do is add the frosting. :D

#9 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Looked for them today, didn't see them. May be worth ordering....
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#10 Smylinacha

Smylinacha

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

yay! Cuz I miss blueberry pop tarts bad!

#11 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

(Not trying to quote today)

Irish, you are my Genius!  I wrote out the Anam Cara for my husband for Valentine's Day, it was very special to me.  What a great way to say I love you!

Keep watching the private owned start up companies in the gluten free market.  See how they are bought up or merged into each other?  (The admin "google" alert postings here on the forum help stay on top of the goings on.)  If you notice the package has changed, it might be because of a merger.

Go to your favorite products websites and read up on them on the "about us" section.  It is best if you can buy early.  If a well established company is buying their stock dips lower for the moment they put so much $ out for the purchase.  (I was not able to do anything when Annie's All Natural made the jump.  The initial offering was too rich for my blood and I think it was snatched up before "the little people" had a chance.

Please private message me if you notice any of our gluten free stuff up for sale!

Michigan

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I take it you read my "gluten-free love story" on GD, then.  

ok, I've told the hubs I wanna be a Glutino shareholder. He's looking into it. Thanks for the tip  ;)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#13 mommida

mommida

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Let's make lots of money!

Michigan

#14 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Not a commercial pop tart fan here but they are fun to make!  :P

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#15 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

OH MY GOD POP TARTS.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: