Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Glutino " Poptarts"

47 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to try them. Blueberry with frosting was my old favorite. But Strawberry without is fine for now. I looked around yesterday but didn't seem them. May have to order if they aren't at Whole Foods.

Ads by Google:

I found the Strawberry and the Apple Glutino "pop tart" pastries at a northern CA Whole Foods. 

And I am in so much trouble, because the one flavor I just ate, the apple cinnamon, is much better than I expected for a gluten free pastry, it is not rock hard like a traditional pop tart, and it is actually tender, and the filling is not cloying, but partially fruit juice sweetened.  B)

I didn't really need an apple pop tart right now, but, in the spirit of experimentation, I made the sacrifice !   :lol:   

I found the Strawberry and the Apple Glutino "pop tart" pastries at a northern CA Whole Foods. 

And I am in so much trouble, because the one flavor I just ate, the apple cinnamon, is much better than I expected for a gluten free pastry, it is not rock hard like a traditional pop tart, and it is actually tender, and the filling is not cloying, but partially fruit juice sweetened.  B)

I didn't really need an apple pop tart right now, but, in the spirit of experimentation, I made the sacrifice !   :lol:   

Just one more thing I like about you...you are willing to "take one for the team". . :D ..and my thighs do not need them either.

I'm thinking that if you put a little ice cream or whipped cream on them, you could pass them off as dessert!

I'm thinking that if you put a little ice cream or whipped cream on them, you could pass them off as dessert!

There will be images of Pop-tarts swirled with whip cream dancing in my head tonight.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Devil woman.

Stevia sweetened yogurt with a dash of nutmeg and vanilla works ......  ;)

I am thinking that  fresh whipped cream makes everything dessert-ish. :)

I wish they had cinnamon brown sugar! I miss those so much from my childhood (pre-Celiac) days. 

I wish they had cinnamon brown sugar! I miss those so much from my childhood (pre-Celiac) days. 

I do, too.  Haven't tried the apple cinnamon. Maybe you would like that?

Maybe if they sell well, they will add flavors.

I do, too.  Haven't tried the apple cinnamon. Maybe you would like that?

Great suggestion--I always loved the Brown Sugar Cinnamon, and the Apple Cinnamon are slightly reminicent.  Actually, I like these better since they are not so sweet, and the pastry is flakier. 

Great suggestion--I always loved the Brown Sugar Cinnamon, and the Apple Cinnamon are slightly reminicent.  Actually, I like these better since they are not so sweet, and the pastry is flakier. 

Yeah!~  Isn't the pastry good?  The strawberry are a little tart!  I love that.

I finally got around to Whole Foods and picked up a box of each flavor, Strawberry and Apple. Yum! Apple was my favorite as the strawberry was a bit tart. But still. Loved them both. They are like flakey pastries with fruit filling. I like them better than the regular pop tarts with hard crusts and sort of chemical taste. These are a 10!

I was very surprised at how good these were.  Like others have stated, the pastry part is very flakey and not hard like those gluten Pop Tarts.  Filling not overly sweet, either.

Sometimes it's so good to pass some junk food down the pipes...... :lol:

I am happy to see that I can have poptarts again.

Well when I saw this thread it made me wonder if they have them in the uk, so I messaged Glutino on facebook and got this response within half an hour!...how cool is that :) ....(just a shame products take forever to cross the water :( )...mmmm, I can't wait !

Hi Helen,

Right now these are only in the US. But we are starting to ship some of our products internationally. Please contact us at hgomez@provisionsinternational.com for details.

Thanks,

Leigh

They are SO good. I find them more like Toaster Strudel than a Pop Tart.

Loved the strawberry ones!

I was unfortunate enough to try the Eco-Planet ones.  OMG how horrible that was.  I knew it was going to be bad when I tried to break one in half and I had to struggle with it.  The crust is dense, like a brick, and twice as thick as a Pop-Tart's crust should be.  The icing looks like it has been hand-applied by toddlers, and has no taste, and a texture like a layer of dried glue.  In between the bricks is a layer about one molecule thick of filling, which again had no flavor resembling strawberry (the flavor they were supposed to be).  I got through about three bites before I gave up.  Mine is one of the reviews on Am@zon.  Even though they don't carry this yet, if you look it up on Google that comes up as a product not sold yet.  What a crushing disappointment that was.

I read the reviews on Amazon and decided not to try the Eco-Planet.  Thank you for your product review.

Well when I saw this thread it made me wonder if they have them in the uk, so I messaged Glutino on facebook and got this response within half an hour!...how cool is that :) ....(just a shame products take forever to cross the water :( )...mmmm, I can't wait !

Hi Helen,

Right now these are only in the US. But we are starting to ship some of our products internationally. Please contact us at hgomez@provisionsinternational.com for details.

Thanks,

Leigh

Haven't found them in Canada yet either....and that's where the company started.  Any other Canadians see them?

I will  admit  I  didn't  read  all the posts  here but  want to throw  out  my  two  cents!!!!  Glutino  pop  tarts  are  very good  if  you are  a pop tart  lover. You  need  to  add  your  own icing   if  you like them iced...

Eco-planet  pop  tarts  :  a  few  years  ago  I  sampled  them &  they  tasted  like  cardboard so unless  they  went  back to the  drawing  board &  re-invented  them  Glutino has  them beat  by 100%...

Loved the strawberry ones!

well, my friends with the gluten-free cafe are carrying Strawberry Glutino Pop tarts and they asked me if I wanted to try them.

I said no, but somehow, they landed inside my house. (did I take the box anyway?gee, I am not sure):-D

I should not have them because they are:

(1) high carbs

(2) high histamine-inducing

(3) fattening as all hell

(4) totally unnecessary to life

and yet, I did. I toasted it and buttered it  and.........

holy smokes!! they taste........... GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sigh.....  for pete's sake....................I TOTALLY suck at dieting.

I should wear a muzzle. LOL