This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Newbie W/ Bipolar, Ocd, Anxiety, Memory Issues...

mfergie889

mfergie889 Newbie

Hi Everyone! I am a 23 year old college student who is self-diagnosed gluten sensitive as of last week. I have had SO many behavioral issues in the last few years, ranging from mood swings, anxiety, memory loss, and obsessive behavior. NOT to mention chronic sleep disorders like running, hitting, and talking in my sleep. I also have suffered from anemic tendencies and fatigue in the afternoon.

I always would get terrible stomach pain as a child, and therefore grew used to the feeling of being uncomfortable after eating. Last week I decided enough was enough after eating out at an expensive dinner, and driving home in pain with a bloated stomach. (Literally, all I had was one small bread roll, half of a salad, and fish w/ veggies).

Just one day after cutting out all gluten, I felt AMAZING. Relaxed, clear headed, and content....for the first time in years. I haven't had any sleeping issues for a week, which is amazing considering I usually have an episode every other night. Obviously, not being bloated, cramped, and gassy every day is life changing as well. 

I just wanted to say hello, and that I can't wait  to see the amazing effects it continues to have on my behavior! Did everyone see effects right away or did you see certain behaviors fade over time? I really hope this helps with my memory issues...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jhol Enthusiast

hi there,

welcome to the forum, ive only been here since jan and all my tests were negative - so i decided to go gluten and dairy free. i had brain fog, memory problems, anxiety, dark repetitive thoughts ,excessive bloating,joint pain,skin rashes and acid reflux.

straight away i noticed no reflux , a clearer head and no repetitive thoughts.less bloating and my joints feel looser and less stiff. everybody has different symptoms and everyones different in how quickly those symptoms resolve ( or not in some cases) some people feel really good and others find they develop some other symptoms that can show up other food intolerences.

i would keep a food diary at first just in case you do have problems. im hoping these rashes start to clear up soon and the bloating gets better. 

glad you have have some amazing results, keep reading the forums and asking questions. good luck x

Archived