Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sores In My Nose

7 posts in this topic

I just received my Dx last week and have been gluten-free for 7 days . . . thankfully, the pain in my gut has subsided.  However, i noticed one of the symptoms of celiac is mouth sores.  I don't have these, but i have been having chronic sores in my nose for months.  Does anyone else have this?  Do these issues resolve themselves as the body heals?  In the meantime, how do you treat?

Ads by Google:

I used to have those when I was eating gluten. I never even thought about it being gluten connected, and I never even consciously noticed that they have gone away now, but they have. I had issues with mouth sores AFTER going gluten-free for a while. Those have stopped now too. I would say just give it time.

Like bartfull, I get mouth sores more often than the nose ones... but I do get them once in a while.  I'm not sure if they were from celiac or something else though... it's one of those really common symptoms it seems.

I just received my Dx last week and have been gluten-free for 7 days . . . thankfully, the pain in my gut has subsided.  However, i noticed one of the symptoms of celiac is mouth sores.  I don't have these, but i have been having chronic sores in my nose for months.  Does anyone else have this?  Do these issues resolve themselves as the body heals?  In the meantime, how do you treat?

It's my understanding that a person absorbes 70% of your fluid intake in your small intestines.  If the intestines are damaged..no absorption.  Hydrate yourself as much as possible, and in time, you may feel better. ;)

Nose is lined with mucous membrane, makes sense to me that it could be celiac connected. I have issues with mouth sores. I think a lot of my issues are from vitamin deficiencies, but I also had what I think was a gluten reaction and my mouth was immediately burny, like I had small sores over it and then decided to swish lemon juice around, when I ate the food.

Look into all the vitamin deficiencies that cause mouth sores, (I think that's most of them...) dose up on them for awhile and see if it gets better. And the usual, make sure you're not ingesting gluten where you think it isn't.

keep an eye on it.  The human nose is a really "dirty" spot.  make sure they don't get infected.

Thank you all for your responses.  I had to go to the dr. yesterday because I have the respiratory crud.  I mentioned the sores in my nose to her and she said they could be celiac-related.  She told me to use neosporin just inside the nostril, which I am starting.  I am a bit anxious to see what the antibiotic she prescribed does to my tummy over the course of treatment.  It seems that anything that will affect a person's tummy affects mine way more intensely . . .