7 replies to this topic

#1 Tiredsean

Tiredsean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Being off gluten I'm trying to find foods for desert for 2 reasons 1: I love desert and 2: I'm losing too much weight.With that said I had replaced desert with chips which I'm starting to believe I have a nightshade allergy or sensativity.Why? Because I ate spaghetti with brown rice noodles and had a bad reaction so I equated this to tomatoes( my mom told me when I was a kid I broke out into hives from this).I also crave chips and this is another sign of a food intolrence and lately my muscle tension and pain has increased since I eat like 3/4 of a bag a day.Sore buttocks muscles,thigh muscle tension,back pain etc.So I dropped all nightshades and although my muscle tension dropped and pain I still have some.Well guess what... I replaced chips with awesome ginger cookies made by kinnikinnick foods and strawberrie bars from glutino foods both dairy free/gluten free ( I'm also dairy free for now during my tests).Well today I read the ingredients and tada potato starch!!! Geez come on really ??!?? So can us gluten free people get any breaks?? What do you guys eat? I'm down to 70% dark chocolate but its so rich I can't eat too much.Thanks for any suggestions

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 rebeccanicole88

rebeccanicole88

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

My sweets are rice cakes or kinnikinnick animal cookies and I just found some cookies at target annies gluten free snickerdoodle bunny cookies

Gluten Free since 2010
Chocolate Free since 2013

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Craving something does not equal an intolerance. More like needing what is in them.

I'm allergic to tomatos. They make my body feel like its on fire and i hived up to them during the skin test (quite largely as well). Before my allergy was found out and before the burning started, i avoided it because it gave me a rather large belly ache and i just 'didn't want it'.

As for the starch, its a good replacement in some ways.

When in doubt, you could always do fruit type stuff. Like apples with a dip (i'm a big fan of peanutbutter).

#4 pricklypear1971

pricklypear1971

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,684 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

Pudding.

There are lots of recipes out there using milk alternatives. Lots using coconut milk, cream. Lots of recipes on the web in a zillion flavors.
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.
Hashimoto's DX 2005.
Gluten-Free since 6/2011.
DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND
Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!

#5 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Pavlova or meringues, granitas, brownies (with ghee), Bananas Foster (made with ghee), pears poached in wine and vanila beans, coconut layer cake, lemon poppyseed muffins...lots of great stuff you can easily make yourself.  There are tons of recipes that are naturally gluten free, thankfully.  What kind of chocolate are you having that does not contain dairy? 

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#6 Tiredsean

Tiredsean

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

Lindt chocolate

#7 peeptoad

peeptoad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

So, you need dairy, gluten, and potato free?

I've had some of the ice cream substitues that weren't too bad (coconut milk and almond milk stuff). I also ate some chcolate chip cookies last night that were gluten free, but not sure about the dairy...

here they are: http://www.drlucys.c...s/chocolateChip

Looks like they have potato starch though. :(

#8 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Pavlova or meringues, granitas, brownies (with ghee), Bananas Foster (made with ghee), pears poached in wine and vanila beans, coconut layer cake, lemon poppyseed muffins...lots of great stuff you can easily make yourself.  There are tons of recipes that are naturally gluten free, thankfully.  What kind of chocolate are you having that does not contain dairy? 

Why is it that every time you post food stuff, my mouth automaticallty starts to water?  I think I have developed a Pavlovian response to your posts!!!!!  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: