4 replies to this topic

#1 notme45

notme45

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Does anyone know what happend to the Celiac.com podast?   There is usually one new episode a month, but there have been no new episodes in 2013.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,243 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

I don't know anything about it. I have brought it to Administration's attention.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Unfortunately we have discontinued the Podcasts. Although they seemed to have a small following, the cost of producing them was greater than their return--we tried for years to get sponsors for it but couldn't. The Gluten-Free Mall was the default sponsor, but since that is us it meant we were covering all production costs. If we could pick up a sponsor we could start them up again...

Take care,

Scott

Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

#4 notme45

notme45

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm sorry to hear that the podcast is gone.  I miss it.

I have a few thoughts...

I wonder if it might have been possible to do some cross promotion with other celiac related media.  For example, a celiac related magazine provides you with free advertisement and then you provide them with free advertisement.  Perhaps the Celiac Disease Foundation might want to make an announcement on the podcast in exchange for recognizing the podcast in their newsletter.  The podcast then grows in popularity and then it is easier to sell advertising to other parties. 

I seem to recall that the Celiac Maniac podcast had sponsors.  I think that Nadine Grzeskowiak, (Gluten free nurse) was one of them. 

Unfortunately it seems that Celiac related podcasts seem to last for a few years and then go away.

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,387 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

The issue wasn't necessarily low listenership, but rather low interest in advertising in a podcast. Just boosting listeners won't necessarily solve that issue. Our podcast ran for nearly 5 years, and had well over 5K monthly visitors, and even our back episodes will still be listened to long into the future, so any ad in them would have a very long live. Unfortunately we couldn't sell this idea and keep it going.

Take care,

Scott

Scott Adams
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Founder Gluten-Free Mall
Founder Celiac.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: