Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

What Happend To The Celiac.com Podcast?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what happend to the Celiac.com podast?   There is usually one new episode a month, but there have been no new episodes in 2013.

Ads by Google:

I don't know anything about it. I have brought it to Administration's attention.

Unfortunately we have discontinued the Podcasts. Although they seemed to have a small following, the cost of producing them was greater than their return--we tried for years to get sponsors for it but couldn't. The Gluten-Free Mall was the default sponsor, but since that is us it meant we were covering all production costs. If we could pick up a sponsor we could start them up again...

Take care,

Scott

I'm sorry to hear that the podcast is gone.  I miss it.

I have a few thoughts...

I wonder if it might have been possible to do some cross promotion with other celiac related media.  For example, a celiac related magazine provides you with free advertisement and then you provide them with free advertisement.  Perhaps the Celiac Disease Foundation might want to make an announcement on the podcast in exchange for recognizing the podcast in their newsletter.  The podcast then grows in popularity and then it is easier to sell advertising to other parties. 

I seem to recall that the Celiac Maniac podcast had sponsors.  I think that Nadine Grzeskowiak, (Gluten free nurse) was one of them. 

Unfortunately it seems that Celiac related podcasts seem to last for a few years and then go away.

The issue wasn't necessarily low listenership, but rather low interest in advertising in a podcast. Just boosting listeners won't necessarily solve that issue. Our podcast ran for nearly 5 years, and had well over 5K monthly visitors, and even our back episodes will still be listened to long into the future, so any ad in them would have a very long live. Unfortunately we couldn't sell this idea and keep it going.

Take care,

Scott