This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Questions

Sydthekidzmom

Sydthekidzmom Newbie

My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac disease 2 years ago and I am still trying to figure out all the do's and don'ts. It was hard enough learning how to cook and buy the right foods but trying to understand something that I personally can't feel is hard. My daughter tells me what is going on and I try to help her even though I have no idea what to do. 

Recently she has been waking up feeling hot with stomach cramps and will sometime throw up and have to use the restroom. It will eventually ease off after I have her put a little food in her to see if her stomach is just looking for food. I am not sure if this is something that is considered normal with celiac disease or not. I was able to get the doctor to give her some sample meds to see if it could be acid building up overnight in her making her feel this way. 

I have a lot of questions and I am just looking for help with things to help my daughter or the right questions to ask the doctor to see what can be done. I hate that my child is hurting and I have no way of helping. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

bartfull Rising Star

Tell us more. How old is she? Do you live in a gluten-free house? Does she have her own toaster, condiments, cookware? She might be getting cross-contamination from any of these. If she is a youngster, she may be getting exposed at school, either from her friends, from Play-Doh, or even from something her teacher has her doing.

If you read the Newbie 101 thread you will learn a lot about the places gluten can hide. I suspect though that if she has been gluten-free for two years and is only now starting with these  stomach problems that there is something new causing it.

Or she just might have a "bug".

Either way, it sounds like you are having some problems learning about how to keep her gluten-free. You came to the right place! After reading Newbie 101, check out other threads, especially the breakfast lunch and dinner threads.

Welcome, and feel free to ask lots of questions. We're here to help. :)

Archived