6 replies to this topic

#1 jasonD2

jasonD2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

i just posted on my stool test and looks like they identified a few red blood cells in my stool via microscope.  i do have a fissure so its possible the sample got contaminated with blood, but of course this has me concerned now.  i do seem to have a very unbalanced GI tract and things have been out of whack after taking rifaximin back in november; lots of overgrowth now and very little growth of beneficial flora.  i did have a colonoscopy 3 yrs ago and the Pillcam 2.5 years ago and everything was normal on those.

would appreciate any ideas or suggestions

thanks

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Hi Jason.

Sorry, I am confused.  What is your question?  It seems the fissure is the most likely cause of the blood cells detected.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#3 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Yep, that would do it. Hemorrhoids can do this as well if they're really irritated.

#4 jasonD2

jasonD2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

sorry lisa- was just concerned about red blood anything showing up in my stool and was wondering if overgrowth of dysbiotic bacteria can cause this.  my main problem is low levels of lactobacilli and bifido despite pumping myself full of different varieties of probiotics ofr 5 years

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Positive for DQ8- 2008

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

ah...it can take a very long time for the gut to equalize from celiac damage -- I'm four years and still working on it -- took all types of probiotics for first three...stopped supplementing all together last summer -- not suggesting this, but removing supplements seems to have helped my gut begin to heal from what looked, walked and talked like SIBO.

Good Luck :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6 jasonD2

jasonD2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

ya but still dont know if i have true celiac thats the prob- biopsy was neg and pillcam showed no villi damage

Positive for DQ8- 2008

#7 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

hmmm...no answer for you other than it is highly likely and very probable that the blood came from the fissure.

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: