1 reply to this topic

#1 Worried mommy

Worried mommy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Just bought a bread maker and am looking for simple recipes. I don't want to experiment with different ones was hoping to find a foolproof one so I wouldn't have to waste all this expensive flour. Thanks in advance.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

My family likes Pamela's Bread Mix -- admittedly it is much better fresh -- within 12 hours -- once in the frig it becomes crumbly.

We made our own for a long time, then switched to Udi's and Canyon Bakehouse.

I suggest trying one loaf and if you like it you can purchase a 25lb bag at a huge discount.

Also of note -- we tried many recipes and were never successful -- I do know there are others on the forum that make a wonderful loaf from scratch.

Good Luck :)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: