#1 igadeficient

igadeficient

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hello again guys.

Well, I'm still eating gluten, so that I can have a reliable result when it comes to the biopsy (which is 3 months away ugh :(), but anyway, yesterday I had a bowl of pasta, and today I've woken up with a little lump thing inside my eyelid. This is the second time I've had this come up, and on extensive research, I am like 99% sure it is posterior blepharitis. I was wondering if there's any connection between Celiac and blepharitis? I know it can affect healthy people too, but with my other symptoms I think this is highly unlikely.

Thanks in advance. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Hello again guys.

Well, I'm still eating gluten, so that I can have a reliable result when it comes to the biopsy (which is 3 months away ugh :(), but anyway, yesterday I had a bowl of pasta, and today I've woken up with a little lump thing inside my eyelid. This is the second time I've had this come up, and on extensive research, I am like 99% sure it is posterior blepharitis. I was wondering if there's any connection between Celiac and blepharitis? I know it can affect healthy people too, but with my other symptoms I think this is highly unlikely.

Thanks in advance. 

so I had to lookup your topic thread  :P but when putting it into Google images...I have that right now on my right eye on the upper lid!  They will come and go, and the only way I realize they've returned is my contacts start to hurt.  I can only see them when I stand really close to the mirror, and then I try and pop them with my fingernail.  I only get them on my top eyelid.  Here I thought they were just pimples all this time!  learning something new every day  :)

UC Celiac Center lists them on their symptoms list http://www.curecelia...SymptomList.pdf

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

#3 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I had anterior blepharitis (before DX) and it has not recurred in the 2 years of being gluten-free.

Since "itises" mean inflammation,  (and I had/have a bunch of "itises", :unsure:)  I am never surprised when someone reports inflammation anywhere in the body from gluten/celiac.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 igadeficient

igadeficient

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

so I had to lookup your topic thread  :P but when putting it into Google images...I have that right now on my right eye on the upper lid!  They will come and go, and the only way I realize they've returned is my contacts start to hurt.  I can only see them when I stand really close to the mirror, and then I try and pop them with my fingernail.  I only get them on my top eyelid.  Here I thought they were just pimples all this time!  learning something new every day  :)

UC Celiac Center lists them on their symptoms list http://www.curecelia...SymptomList.pdf

Gosh that is one long list!! That's exactly where I've had it both times too, and yeah it is really tiny! I popped it last time, but think I might keep it until I get to see a doc. I dunno if mine is related to celiac as I'm yet undiagnosed, but find it a bit odd that it came up the day after I ate a gluten filled meal lol :P. I only notice a small scratching sensation when I squeeze my eyes shut hard haha. Can I ask, have you been diagnosed?

I had anterior blepharitis (before DX) and it has not recurred in the 2 years of being gluten-free.

Since "itises" mean inflammation,  (and I had/have a bunch of "itises", :unsure:)  I am never surprised when someone reports inflammation anywhere in the body from gluten/celiac.

Ah thanks. & for the little knowledge nugget. Didn't know the 'itises' meant inflammation :P

#5 powerofpositivethinking

powerofpositivethinking

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

hi igadeficient,

no, I haven't been diagnosed but am currently going through testing.  if you're interested, this is where I've been updating my info http://www.celiac.co...results-please/  i have an endoscopy first week of March.

Diagnosed with celiac disease, but my fat malabsoption, EPI and Vitamin K deficiency have finally cleared themselves up do to the help from Creon!

Thankful for all the help I've received from members on this board!

Happy to have answers  :) 

#6 MJ_S

MJ_S

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

I developed anterior blepharitis at the same time I first got sick three years ago. It went away as soon as I gave up dairy and it hasn't come back since. It still took me almost another year to figure out about gluten, but for me that particular symptom was linked exclusively to casein and has not been re-triggered by cross-contamination. 

Blood Tests: TTG IgA Negative / Total IGA Normal

Skin: Confirmed DH
Genetic: DQ8 & DQ6 Positive (DQA1*0301, DQB1*0302, DQA1*0103, DQB1*0603)
Free Of: Gluten 1/1/11, Dairy 2010, Soy 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: