3 replies to this topic

#1 sharese28

sharese28

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

I've been sick for the last couple of years with severe abdominal pain diarrhea migraine headaches joint pain skin rashes tingling numbness in hands and feet fever muscle aches fatigue weakness dehydration.I was referred to a gastroenterologist two years ago and I have had several procedures and operations to find out what was going on.I finally did my research on celiac disease and thought that i might have it i suggested they test my blood and two weeks ago the test came back positive for celiac.I need to know if i should have another endoscopy because i had one before the blood work came back.When they did the endoscopy the didn't biopsy my small intestine only my stomach.I would love to hear your feedback on this.Having to go gluten free overnight has been so overwhelming for me and i'm still having the same symptoms as before. xoxo

newly diagnosed celiac disease

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

If you wish to do the endo, you should be on gluten beforehand. Not being on it can possibly mess with the results.

#3 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

OH, here is your story!  Welcome and give yourself some time to adjust. I wish I could send someone to take over your kitchen and show you the ropes   Wouldn't that be great?   It takes a while to study the needed information and put it into use in your kitchen.  It is hard to do when you are feeling low.  I hope that the dream of improving your health will inspire you to do just that over some time. 

.I am hoping you will soon have the information you need, and will be improving your health.

Diana

#4 sharese28

sharese28

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

thanks for the feedback 

newly diagnosed celiac disease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users