1 reply to this topic

#1 thleensd

thleensd

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

*Eh. I put this in the wrong place. Guess I forgot how to use the board. Should probably be in the "coping" section.*

I haven't been on the board for a long time...maybe a year. Looking for some support, I guess.

It's been four years since I was diagnosed, and I'm still not doing all that well. I've pretty much given up on my mainstream doctors...it's just frustrating every time I go. I've been on the GAPS diet for one year. It has helped, I've been able to do more, but I can still only work a few hours each day, and my body is still doing some whacky things. Mostly, it's the fatigue that gets me down. That, and I have some chronic pains that haven't gone away yet. Lots of other typical things you read about from us non-standard symptoms people. 

Anyway, I've made an appointment to see a D.O. ...out of pocket - she doesn't take insurance, and she's not cheap. They booked me SIX MONTHS ago. She really helped out a friend of mine, so I'm hoping for a similar experience. She's an hour away - not terrible, but will definitely take a chunk out of my day and energy to get there.

...I'm trying not to put all of my eggs in one basket, but in all honesty, I'm going to be distraught if she doesn't have any new ideas for me. 

I'm nervous, excited and my usual insomnia is even worse. I've had a support system here to help me, but circumstances have changed, and I'm feeling quite alone. There are people around... but you know how it is - you can only talk about your health so much. I am already the first to leave at social events, and I don't want to be Debbie Downer or be getting *that* kind of attention.

So, yeah. Wish me luck. Trying to keep my chin up no matter what.

Diagnosed 2/12/09 by biopsy after years of anemia, neuropathy, dizziness, brain fog, pain and more.
Negative blood tests (following gluten light diet)

Still healing with time, harmony, and good food.
Grain-free 1/11/11

Blogging Gluten-Free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

I had my son to an osteopathic doctor and he did help us.  My son had parasite damage to his small intestine.   The doctor did have some different ideas for us.  He used both mainstream medicene and natural supplements.  The safest, most effective treatment.

You waited a long time to see this doctor and I hope this works well for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: