19 replies to this topic

#16 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yes I exercise as much as possible - wasn't able to do much until November when I removed high histamine and histamine inducing foods. Started with walking - then added skiing back in - then got back on my bike (haven't gotten far on bike as my shoulders are still very fussy) - so I'm sticking mostly with biped rather than bicycle for now - have even been able to run up to a half mile during walks now and my walking buds are having a tough time keeping up.

Start slow - but start and keep moving whenever possible!

I love the idea of Tae Kwon Do - go kick some .... :D

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 gatita

gatita

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Oh man, all that arm pain is exactly what I felt most of last year. Shoulders, elbows and biceps all had stabbing pain, like knife jabs. Along with tingling and numb feet and fingers. It was so bad I was prescribed physical therapy, which did nothing. Even swimming hurt. :(

After five months gluten-free, it all vanished!! I am just hoping yours does the same. I have been truly astounded.

(BTW, I got glutened this week and bingo, all next day, the same dang pains were back. At least I know now they'll go away soon.)

Diagnosed with wheat hates me 4/13

#18 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Oh man, all that arm pain is exactly what I felt most of last year. Shoulders, elbows and biceps all had stabbing pain, like knife jabs. Along with tingling and numb feet and fingers. It was so bad I was prescribed physical therapy, which did nothing. Even swimming hurt. :(

After five months gluten-free, it all vanished!! I am just hoping yours does the same. I have been truly astounded.

(BTW, I got glutened this week and bingo, all next day, the same dang pains were back. At least I know now they'll go away soon.)

Boo - Bingo should be fun - stopped going myself several years ago as it was after the bewitching hour - have to add that back into the calendar :)

Hoping you are feeling better VERY soon!

Until then - drink lots of water.

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#19 designerstubble

designerstubble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

Yes I exercise as much as possible - wasn't able to do much until November when I removed high histamine and histamine inducing foods. Started with walking - then added skiing back in - then got back on my bike (haven't gotten far on bike as my shoulders are still very fussy) - so I'm sticking mostly with biped rather than bicycle for now - have even been able to run up to a half mile during walks now and my walking buds are having a tough time keeping up.

Start slow - but start and keep moving whenever possible!

I love the idea of Tae Kwon Do - go kick some .... :D

Thanks Lisa, and guess what... I've just signed myself up to train at a taekwondo class and found out the guy is England Team Captain?!! Aaaaaaagh! First class tonight oh my god what have I done. Walking up a flight of stairs is bad enough!!
Anyway, docs later, fingers crossed they take me seriously. Takecare, keep the running up, I used to run 4 miles everyday before this nasty illness :(
(I tried skiing 2 weeks ago, dry slopes though, first time ever, awesome fun)

Diagnosed Celiac Oct 2012 (Blood and Biopsy)
Gluten free / Dairy free / Caffeine / Almost sugar free / Tobacco free 2012. Corn free 2013
Vegetarian since 1986 / Asthmatic since 1990 / Migraines since 1998

Symptoms: Classical GI symptoms. Fibromyalgia. Odd pains. Bone aches. Severe headaches. Severe depression. Anxiety. Diagnosed with severe anaemia. Severe Vit D deficiency. Boderline Folate & B12 Defiency.

Since being gluten free... initially felt better for a month, still suffer with loose bowels, am currently struggling with many more allergies and intolerances to foods, such as dairy, egg, celery, oranges, tomatoes, quinoa, seeds,... Pressure hives (from Feb 2013) / Having bad leg aches during periods (June 2013)

(Marked in bold, these problems have been resolved)

#20 designerstubble

designerstubble

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Hope you feel better soon, poor you.
Thanks for reply, I used have bouts of fibromyalgia previous to diagnosis, and my classic symptoms only appeared 6-12 months before diagnosis too. I think I had latent celiac before or silent (can't remember which one), but I was diagnosed with marsh scale 3, and had been gluten free for 3 months when they biopsied me.

I have been gluten free for 5 months like you... Which is why I'm so upset at having all these problems INCREASING! My intolerances or rather allergies as they are, are increasing weekly. I worry about the asthma attacks and I think I'm getting food paranoia. I fully expected to just get better having given up the gluten and dairy. But the journey continues. Now I just hope to not lose any more food! What amazes me is that I am putting on weight? I either must be healing (but why would I continue with these allergies then??? OR I have a thyroid problem coming on!)

Espero que estas mejor pronto Gatita, abrazos

Diagnosed Celiac Oct 2012 (Blood and Biopsy)
Gluten free / Dairy free / Caffeine / Almost sugar free / Tobacco free 2012. Corn free 2013
Vegetarian since 1986 / Asthmatic since 1990 / Migraines since 1998

Symptoms: Classical GI symptoms. Fibromyalgia. Odd pains. Bone aches. Severe headaches. Severe depression. Anxiety. Diagnosed with severe anaemia. Severe Vit D deficiency. Boderline Folate & B12 Defiency.

Since being gluten free... initially felt better for a month, still suffer with loose bowels, am currently struggling with many more allergies and intolerances to foods, such as dairy, egg, celery, oranges, tomatoes, quinoa, seeds,... Pressure hives (from Feb 2013) / Having bad leg aches during periods (June 2013)

(Marked in bold, these problems have been resolved)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: