Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Prenatal Vitamins

6 posts in this topic

Are the Women's One A Day Prenatal Vitamins gluten free? The ingredients looked okay to me, but these days you can never really be sure!

Ads by Google:

Are the Women's One A Day Prenatal Vitamins gluten free? The ingredients looked okay to me, but these days you can never really be sure!

The best way to find out with "medications" is to check the manufacturer's website or email or call them.  Food has better labelling laws.

You may get a "legal" statement that they don't test for gluten but none of the ingredients are derived from gluten.  I would use them if that is the case.

The Prenatal + DHA vitamins from Nature Made are actually labelled gluten-free on the front.

The Target brand is labelled gluten-free as well!

I use Whole Food vitamins from Natural Grocery/Vitamin cottage.  IT is labeled soy free/gluten free certified. 

I use(d) the Walgreen's.  Labelled right on the bottle, AND for someone who couldn't keep ANYTHING down while pregnant, they were amazing because you only have to take once a day.  They still recommend taking them with food, but it was a lot easier to only take them once.  You can also ask your pharmacist about them... They can often tell you.