Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

My Dear Mom's Follow Up Results After Gfd

6 posts in this topic

Hii Everyone, my mother 49 years old was diagnosed with celiac disease 9 months ago with no symptoms but since her sister was diagnosed we decided to check her too. Her results were off the chart !!

This was her blood work 9 months ago:

Gliadin Antibody IgG >800 (normal < 12 U/ml)

Gliadin Antibody IgA >800 (normal < 12 U/ml)

tTG IgA >800 (normal < 8 AU/ml)

Endomysial Antibody IgA POSITIVE

Her genetic test was DQ2.5 and DQ2.2 double genes !

Her endoscopy showed subtotal villous atrophy Marsh 3B.

Since my mom doesnt know much about such diseases and doesnt use the internet and so i became her personal doctor lol ! i took her to take all these tests and was educating her about GFD and buying her Gluten Free things whenever possible i was so strict that she would send me a picture of the product when she was traveling just for me to check that the ingredients didnt include gluten lol. I am her eldest 25 year old daughter and i love her soo much and her health is a priority to me. The problem is we live in a gulf country called Bahrain with complete ignorance about celiac they would actually laugh at her if she said she cant eat bread ! so it was so difficult for me to make sure she avoids gluten and realizes how important this is especially because she is double DQ2 and we rarely find gluten free items here ! Now after 9 months i decided to take her for a follow up test to see how well she was doing this is the result:

Gliadin Antibody IgG 9.6 (normal < 12 U/ml)

Gliadin Antibody IgA 3.5 (normal < 12 U/ml)

tTG IgA 8 (normal < 8 AU/ml)

Endomysial Antibody IgA NEGATIVE

I am so happy for her and soo proud of her ! i just wanted to post this to encourage all you celiacs out there and share this good news with you. God bless you all and i wish everyone and speedy recovery and fabulous results.

Fatima R

You are a great blessing to your precious mother!  I am very happy for you, you have done a wonderful thing for her!  Thank you for coming back and sharing this update.

Wow that is fabulous! Thank you for sharing the good news :D

You are a wonderful daughter to her, she must feel so blessed to have you watching out for her.