This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Test Results Back

sharese28

sharese28 Apprentice

I went to the gastro today and got my test results back iga Total Serum 369.61 Tissue Transglutaminase TTG IgG 39 my biopsy was negative but he told me that he's confident it's celiac go on  the gluten free diet for three months and see how i feel they will test me again in three months to check for antibodies feedback please on my test results :D  :D  :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mushroom Proficient

You don't give the ranges on your results but I'm assuming that everything over 30 on your tTG IgG was a positive, and I'm assuming that your IgA total serum fell within the normal range.  Doctors prefer to have the IgA result be positive if you make normal quantities of IgA, but you can certainly be celiac with a high IgG too.  It sounds like your doctor is willing to diagnose you as celiac positive even though the biopsy was negative, if you improve on the diet and your tTG IgG score goes down.

I hope this is an accurate result and that you start feeling better soon. :)

sharese28 Apprentice

yes my iga total serum was within normal range can you be gluten sensitive with a high ttg igg

mushroom Proficient

You can read up a bit here about the meanings of test results:

MEANINGS OF TESTS
Open Original Shared Link

beachbirdie Contributor

It's not as common to be diagnosed with celiac if only the Ttg IgG is positive.  Especially with negative biopsy.  Your doc is good to have you go gluten free anyway.

Did you get a copy of your biopsy report?  Do you know how many samples they took?  If they took only a small sampling, they might have missed damage.

Also, did your doc make sure to rule out other conditions that might also raise the IgG...like Crohn's disease and other autoimmune conditions.

Just to be sure.  Hopefully the diet will help and you'll be on your way to feeling great!

GottaSki Mentor

I think it very wise to remove all gluten at this point -- three months is good - six is better to monitor for symptom improvement and re-test -- the tTG IgG should go down once gluten has been removed -- this can take time.  All of my celiac antibodies were reduced at three months, but weren't at their lowest levels until six months gluten-free.  

Here is hoping you will know quickly if gluten is the problem -- good luck with the transition -- it can be tough....reading as much as you can and asking questions really does speed up the process.

Good Luck to you :)

Archived