Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Hot Wings Tonight Fried Or Baked

6 posts in this topic

I want to know what is the best option being on a gluten free diet :D  :D  :D

Ads by Google:

Either, doesn't matter really as long as all the ingredients are gluten free.

I'd bake though cause grease and i don't get along very well.

I was leaning towards baking because i don't have time for a bad reaction tonight :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

If the fryer has been used for gluten items it is never safe to fry. In that case baking is always the safer option. If you have your own fryer though that is 100% gluten free, you can safely fry as much as you want without any ill effects as far as gluten goes. As for your pants fitting? That is entirely another story.

I make them all the time and always roast.  Just as fabulous as frying! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• celiac disease is psychosomatic
      The following link might be helpful for others experiencing simlar psychosomatic issues with doctors. Although it's only for psychiatrists, I think it should be for all doctors! http://www.psychsearch.net/complaints/ The neuropsychiatrist I saw might fall into this category? I can checkmark:

Falsified medical records
       No Biological Test for "Mental Illness" (no blood, urine or other lab testing)
       No Informed Consent (if she sends my medical records to my doctors)
       Physical Illness Misdiagnosed as "Mental Illness"
       I was told I have a "chemical imbalance" (without any lab tests)
       Unethical Conduct
       Unprofessional conduct
       Something else that didn't seem quite right  
    • Allergy or Preference? Waiter asks
      At my local Five Guys, I told the counter guy that I had to avoid gluten for medical reasons. I was ordering a burger with no bun and some fries. He yelled back "Allergy Alert!" and every line cook immediately changed gloves and cleaned their work space. Will I go back? You bet I will!
      The office is located in another city than where I go. There is no receptionist at the location closest to me meaning patients wait for the doctor to open her closed door to call their names for a consult. So, I would have to knock on her door which would really make her say that I'm sick since I keep writing letters AND showing up in person. The main office is too far for me to travel with road construction going on for the remainder of the year. I suppose I could mail the letter instead. But the staff is very irresponsible so it might be thrown away. The doctor probably told them that nothing needed correction in my records so ignore further requests from me. The other staff member I dealt with seemed normal, but I complained to the doctor about the staff member I dealt with today when she failed to update my phone number that I gave to her a few times (and which she said she updated), which resulted in me showing up for an appointment (I traveled a distance) one of the testers thought she canceled by leaving voicemail for phone number I no longer had. What I mean is I told the doctor that the staff member said she updated my phone number when the doctor asked me why I was there when I showed up for that cancelled appointment. Unfortunately, this staff member answers the phone most of the time. I'm sure she did what she could to make me look bad to the doctor to make her look good because I complained about her. I feel like scheduling an appointment with a psychologist to tell her what happened with this name calling. I'm sure it's against therapist code or I'd like a psychologist's feedback on this doctor's behavior. There are other patient complaints about her on the Internet how she laughs at patient's pain and suffering. I feel that's how she treated me. Update: The staff member called me back to tell me the doctor amended my report and she put it in the mail. I wonder if the doctor discussed what she said to me with another doctor who told her what she did was unacceptable in the medical field. I am hoping my report is amended or new negative comments are not added by the doctor to say I keep writing her letters or something in that regard.
      The letter I am suggesting has nothing to do with the doctor.  I would type it and walk it to the desk when are in the building for your other appointment. 
      Thanks. I'm not sure if the doctor will read another email I send and that's the way I'm told by staff to contact her. It will just confirm that I keep writing her letters although I only sent her one email about it! I already told the staff and her that I didn't want my medical records sent to any doctor's office, but I don't know if they will do it out of spite. It was scary talking to this doctor because she wouldn't listen or let me get a word in...I guess that's the reason why I feel the need to raise my voice at this office. When I requested a Lyme disease prescription from another doctor years ago before I knew I had celiac disease, this ignorant doctor told me not to come back to his office because there's no such thing as Lyme disease so only crazy people think they have it. I thought that was the worst experience I had with a doctor, but this experience was worse. I mean this neuropsychiatrist kept calling me a sick person over and over. It's so scary dealing with doctors like this. I really don't know how many other doctors may have wrote in my records that my symptoms are all in my head because celiac disease isn't real.   And my neurologist said this neuropsychiatrist was great. Maybe he says that about all the doctors he refers to patients to? I don't know if you call her personality psychopath since she appeared really nice during my consult, but she was thinking all this negative s*** in her mind at the time or different than she appeared to be.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
    • ChiaChick  »  Peaceflower

Hi Peaceflower, Just wanted to say thank you for the chat.
      · 0 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Robotman2009