7 replies to this topic

#1 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

So my dear baby girl - fearsome huntress - queen of her realm - weighing in at 11 pounds on a good day, yet the tomcats in the hood thrice her size quiver in their paws when my teeny - tiny Shelby struts by - is sneezing - been three days at random times - no other symptoms - research says I should wait for other symptoms for the vet......what do you say???

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Is she listless?  Appear to have a fever?  Off her food?  If none of the foregoing you can maybe wait and see if she shakes it.  Poor baby :wub:     And poor mama :)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,686 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

I almost posted this question last week!  Gracie was sneezing but no other issues.  She isn't sneezing now so I don't know what it was.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#4 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Pets have allergies too :) if she doesn't have what the others said, i'd just keep an eye on her.

#5 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Thanks Everyone -- she is only a bit more sweet and cuddly than usual - otherwise just the sneeze -- saw her off hunting through the neighborhood yesterday as normal.

Shadow -- I read about the allergy posibility last night -- lol -- figures my little girlie would develop allergies! 

Watching for the day -- tomorrow being Friday will be decision day -- I try to avoid weekend doctor visits for the entire family :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#6 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I had a kitty that used to get hayfever at the same as me :) We often sat around sneezing together...

Hope kitty gets better soon x
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#7 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Another friend with extensive animal experience suggested Lysine treatment for respitory concerns -- as long as Shel is eating and acting otherwise normally - no need for Vet yet.

Funny -- she almost tackled me for my salmon jerky yesterday -- she usually asks very nicely for a treat -- salmon would be filled with amino acids - including lysine -- cats are smarter than us -- they just choose not to use our language ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#8 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Oh kitten sneezes, they are so cute yet so sad. My kitties will sneeze out of the blue and will look so confused like "what the hell was THAT!?", hehe. It's probably just kitteh allergies though if nothing else seems to be wrong :)

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: