#16 Serenity1366

Serenity1366

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

hi , 

i havent been to the site for a while, may have a look later on.the fair doesnt sound good - if you cant get gluten free at a celiac fair where can you get it?? i cant do dairy either or potato-which is in  nearly all gluten free goods.its plain wholefoods for me .

lol,  yes starch for me too.   I registered with Juvela, they have sent me a couple of loaves of bread and today I received a starter pack.  Which I think is really nice, I know they are promoting their products, but I still think it's nice.

Serenity1366

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Charles Darwin

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 hbunting86

hbunting86

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hi I joined - I'm in Yorkshire in the UK  :)

I was diagnosed 8 months ago whilst I was away in NZ.  I also can't eat dairy or soya which is giving me a bit of trouble finding things.  I've just come back from being overseas so getting used to the UK supermarket choices (I ate gluten-containing foods before).  Shame about the food fair - how silly for them not to have allergen free foods in the coffee shop!!

Heather

#18 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hi heather.....welcome!
I'm from yorkshire (sheffield) and nearly 8 months into it too. Ive let my membership lapse on coeliac uk, its ok but this site has been far more valuable to me since diagnosis but I may join it again at some point. Yes I'm the same, and had to cut out dairy and soya, but there is alternatives but its finding out what works best for you. All the best . Helen
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#19 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

I just had their latest magazine, and they are shortly launching an app version of their book listing gluten-free products. I quite like that idea, and it means it will be kept up to date, hopefully.

If only we could pesuade them to break it down to avoid dairy and soy, we'd be sorted :)
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#20 VeggieGal

VeggieGal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes definately cmw! To be honest, I've got their food directory but have never used it...what do you think to it? I've 'liked' their facebook page but they recently gave questionable info about what they class as gluten free beer and my dietician said they were promoting kelloggs rice krispies as gluten-free but as far as I can tell they're not suitable ?!? Maybe I should read it and see for myself lol
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#21 stormbind

stormbind

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:02 AM

hi , 

i havent been to the site for a while, may have a look later on.the fair doesnt sound good - if you cant get gluten free at a celiac fair where can you get it?? i cant do dairy either or potato-which is in  nearly all gluten free goods.its plain wholefoods for me .

The situation for those of us with fewer allergies is perhaps worse. Our most common options are packed with sugar and starch, which lead happy consumers down the path to diabetes.

#22 MGR

MGR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

This thread is also old but I would like to contribute and corroborate the fact that coeliac uk are very behind with their information- and often inaccurate with respect to foods one can use which in other parts of world are taken to be dangerous for celiacs. They've launched their new website , but I haven't had a chance to study it in detail yet, I hope it has improved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: