1 reply to this topic

#1 Kate79

Kate79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Just wanted to share some good experiences I had in the Boulder/Denver area last weekend:

Beau Jo's Pizza: Huge gluten free menu, including appetizers, beer, pizza, sandwiches.  Wait staff was knowledgable and food was tasty.  Had good gluten-free garlic bread.  We went to the Arvada location, but there's several in the area.

Hacienda Colorado: Large gluten free menu.  Chips are made fresh in a dedicated fryer - was really nice to be able to eat tortilla chips w/salsa and guacomole for once!  They also make fresh corn tortillas, which were really good. Our waitress was a little lacking on gluten free knowledge, but the manager was able to answer all our questions.  We went to the Westminster location, but there are others in the area.

Hapa Sushi: Large gluten free menu, and they'll bring gluten free tamari if you request it.  The only problem here was that they brought out my sashimi on the same plate as my sister-in-law's order, which had gluten in it.  I gave the sashimi to my husband and stuck to the other rolls.  I didn't get glutened here, but if you go, you may want to stress keeping things separate to the staff.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

We eat at Beau Jos in Ft Collins. My son goes to CSU.

If you are skiing at Breckinridge, at the base of Peak 8, just outside the Ski Hill Grill, is a coffee station with gluten-free food. Last year they had a soup, a chili, and 3 pain is made with sandwich petals. They had gluten rolls & cookies but they are completely wrapped before they are brought to them. Pricey but all the food is expensive in a ski resort.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: