My three year old was diagnosed in january -- been gluten free for about six weeks, and found out yesterday she's gained over a pound! I'm so happy that she showed some weight gain so quickly... just wanted to share.
Sharing Good News
Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:23 AM
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein
Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:57 PM
Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:00 AM
Yay! My little guy was diagnosed at 14 months and he's in the 97% for height and weight. Gluten free doesn't have to mean not thriving.
Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:53 AM
That is wonderful news -- thank you for sharing
Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years
3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive
10/27/09 diagnosed fibromyalgia - supplemented with amino acids - improvement followed by substantial deterioration
maybe one good hour per day for ~17 months
8/10/11 - Elimination Diet for Autoimmune Disease - incredible improvement along with clear reactions to most high lectin foods
only remaining symptom - severe heat intolerance / reaction to heat, humidity and exercise
Tomato, Pepper, Potato, Peanut, Soy, Bean, Pea, Citrus, Pineapple, Avocado, Shellfish, Dairy, Grain, Nut and Seed FREE
3/1/12 - Horrible flare -- same ol' symptoms but worse ~ 7/1/12 - Endo: Active Celiac 3+ years - as gluten-free as humanly possible.
11/15/12 - Improving once again - Almonds back - Eggs gone
12/1/12 - Histamine containing and inducing foods FREE -- probable cause of my heat/exercise "allergy"...
...this was one of my earliest symptoms as a child -- the enzyme (DAO) needed to regulate histamine is created in the small intestine.
10/25/13 - MCAS - symptoms plus positive Prostaglandin/N-Methylhistamine - trialing combos of H1, H2 and Mast Cell Stabilizers
If you have read this far - hang in there - obtaining health with any AI is a marathon, not a sprint!
Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator
Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:49 PM
thank you all! it feels good to share that with folks who "get it"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users