Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Suggestions For Speeding Recovery

8 posts in this topic

So I did it again. Serious food mistake and both my son and I are suffering from multiple exposures (dinner and left overs). Any one have advice on ways to speed up our recovery? We have intestinal repair powder but he will sleep 17 to 20 hours while I'll be in the bathroom:)

Ads by Google:

Drink lots of water is the only way i know.

Rest and plain foods, once you get that far.

And go easy on yourself.

Good luck

Just last week Son got glutened accidentally (...again) and while I usually reach for the colloidal silver and marshmallow tea, this time I also gave him some MSM. He recovered in 24 hours - when it usually takes 3 - 5 days. And, his symptoms were much less intense. Could be a coincidence - but, will definately try again to see if we get similar results next time. Wishing you and your little one a speedy recovery.

Just last week Son got glutened accidentally (...again) and while I usually reach for the colloidal silver and marshmallow tea, this time I also gave him some MSM. He recovered in 24 hours - when it usually takes 3 - 5 days. And, his symptoms were much less intense. Could be a coincidence - but, will definately try again to see if we get similar results next time. Wishing you and your little one a speedy recovery.

Still learning, what is MSM? And thanks for the info.

MSM is Methyl Sulfonyl Methane ~ it's a naturally ocurring sulphur compound, found in greens. It's supposed to be good for arthritis pain, but also "blocks" other pain, and helps with the healing process (muscles, etc). It's one of those "essential" pieces we are often deficient in. I get it in powder form, but it's also available in capsules.

water ofc and for me glutamine(a digestive supplement) was a huge help with repairing my intestines

Water and flax or chia seeds.