7 replies to this topic

#1 Colleeney

Colleeney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

So I did it again. Serious food mistake and both my son and I are suffering from multiple exposures (dinner and left overs). Any one have advice on ways to speed up our recovery? We have intestinal repair powder but he will sleep 17 to 20 hours while I'll be in the bathroom:)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Drink lots of water is the only way i know.

#3 Celiac Mindwarp

Celiac Mindwarp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Rest and plain foods, once you get that far.

And go easy on yourself.

Good luck
- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!
- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol
- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.
- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.
- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)
- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.
It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein Posted Image

#4 deb445

deb445

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Just last week Son got glutened accidentally (...again) and while I usually reach for the colloidal silver and marshmallow tea, this time I also gave him some MSM. He recovered in 24 hours - when it usually takes 3 - 5 days. And, his symptoms were much less intense. Could be a coincidence - but, will definately try again to see if we get similar results next time. Wishing you and your little one a speedy recovery.

Gluten free for 5 years. Dairy free for years, but now OK with grassfed dairy.

Grain free for 2 years and now pain free.

A dedicated kitchen, a new passion for whole foods, Paleo inspiration

BLACK SEED and MSM has made a world of difference.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain..." ~unknown

#5 Colleeney

Colleeney

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Just last week Son got glutened accidentally (...again) and while I usually reach for the colloidal silver and marshmallow tea, this time I also gave him some MSM. He recovered in 24 hours - when it usually takes 3 - 5 days. And, his symptoms were much less intense. Could be a coincidence - but, will definately try again to see if we get similar results next time. Wishing you and your little one a speedy recovery.

Still learning, what is MSM? And thanks for the info.

#6 deb445

deb445

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

MSM is Methyl Sulfonyl Methane ~ it's a naturally ocurring sulphur compound, found in greens. It's supposed to be good for arthritis pain, but also "blocks" other pain, and helps with the healing process (muscles, etc). It's one of those "essential" pieces we are often deficient in. I get it in powder form, but it's also available in capsules.

Gluten free for 5 years. Dairy free for years, but now OK with grassfed dairy.

Grain free for 2 years and now pain free.

A dedicated kitchen, a new passion for whole foods, Paleo inspiration

BLACK SEED and MSM has made a world of difference.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning to dance in the rain..." ~unknown

#7 DerpTyler

DerpTyler

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

water ofc and for me glutamine(a digestive supplement) was a huge help with repairing my intestines

#8 kittty

kittty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Water and flax or chia seeds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: