10 replies to this topic

#1 Debs78

Debs78

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:26 AM

Hi Does anyone know where I can purchase Betty Crocker gluten free mixes? Cookies and cakes etc in the UK? I can find all the ordinary mixes but none gluten free ones anywhere in the UK!?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Have you checked thier website?  Maybe write to the company and see if they sell them in the UK.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

5 out of 4 people struggle with math.

math-problem-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 scenicgurl

scenicgurl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

See if there is a gluten free store near you. That's how I first found them when I was living up north. You can also write to the grocery stores near you or that you use and request that they start carrying the Betty Crocker gluten free brand. If you present it to them with the fact that few/ no other suppliers in the area have yet there is a demand for it and would thus increase their sales they are more likely to start carrying it. Best of luck!

Caffine free since 2008

Pescetarian since 2009

Diagnosed as gluten intolerant Oct 2011, have been gluten free ever since

#4 kittty

kittty

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hi Does anyone know where I can purchase Betty Crocker gluten free mixes? Cookies and cakes etc in the UK? I can find all the ordinary mixes but none gluten free ones anywhere in the UK!?

I've tried the Betty Crocker mixes, and wasn't impressed. I don't know about anyone else, but in my area they are more expensive than the all-natural gluten-free cake mixes I buy at health food stores. I can't understand why they're so costly.

#5 gfreemom72

gfreemom72

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I always find that speaking to the store manager helps. If you ask for what you need they are usually happy to help and will order what customers want.  Good luck!

#6 love2travel

love2travel

ńĆeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

I've tried the Betty Crocker mixes, and wasn't impressed. I don't know about anyone else, but in my area they are more expensive than the all-natural gluten-free cake mixes I buy at health food stores. I can't understand why they're so costly.

I tried it once (I was in a pinch) and was unimpressed, too.  Rest assured - you are not missing out!  :)

<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#7 Adria

Adria

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

If you are very sensitive to gluten be careful with those mixes. I had the "gluten free" brownies from Betty Crocker and got a typical gluten reaction from it. There are several negative reviews on (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) of people who had gluten reactions to Betty Crocker "gluten free" mixes.

Gluten free since October 2012 due to sensitivity

#8 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

If you are very sensitive to gluten be careful with those mixes. I had the "gluten free" brownies from Betty Crocker and got a typical gluten reaction from it. There are several negative reviews on (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) of people who had gluten reactions to Betty Crocker "gluten free" mixes.

My family -- five with celiac disease eat Betty Crocker brownies often and have never had a problem...I however can not eat them due to other intolerances...perhaps you have other yet to be discovered problem foods?

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#9 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just weighing in on this-- I've used these mixes many times and have never had a problem. That is not to say you couldn't.

I also wonder if there might be another intolerance at play here.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#10 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

These cake mixes are handy when you're on the road or staying at someone's house.  They can be found in most grocery stores now on the West Coast.    I always "doctor" them up for best results.  I've not had a reaction to them.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#11 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf