16 replies to this topic

#1 Alex J

Alex J

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Saw an ad online and they confirmed by email they are now making them. They aren't on the website, though, and I haven't seen them (and didn't ask about shared facility/equipment/whatever).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 koalbish

koalbish

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Saw an ad online and they confirmed by email they are now making them. They aren't on the website, though, and I haven't seen them (and didn't ask about shared facility/equipment/whatever).

I have been buying these from stop and shop. We love them and they aren't expensive.

#3 CommonTater

CommonTater

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I haven't seen these, are they with the regular chicken?

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#4 Alwayssomething

Alwayssomething

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

I purchase mine in Super Target or Publix by the bags of chicken patties, and those type things.  The bag is white and has green writing.   They have a few grilled and no breaded as well as breaded.    They do sell non gluten free as well, but the gluten free ones are marked right on the front of the bag.  

#5 koalbish

koalbish

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

I bought the ones in a bag frozen and they also have refrigerated ones as breaded fingers. They come in a flat package and they are in the meat section by the already cooked meats and meals.

#6 CommonTater

CommonTater

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Thanks, I checked with both grocery stores we have here, one being Walmart and neither carries it. The next time we go to the big city for all my supplies I'll check with a super target.

After many years of suffering from Late Stage Lyme Disease I became Gluten intolerant and I'm extremely sensitive.

#7 Psyche

Psyche

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I have not been able to find them. I will have to hit our Publix and check.

Something witty this way comes...

#8 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Never seen these before--will definitely look for them. I live by a SuperTarget in So FL.

#9 matty10

matty10

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

My wife was looking for the Tyson breaded strips, but found ones from Perdue. They are labeled gluten free and were at Walmart.

#10 bizzonzzon

bizzonzzon

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:46 AM

I have been getting them from the Walmart in my town. It was amazing when I first found them last November. They are $5.80, i think, for 27 nuggets. Not bad, in my opinion. They recently put $0.55 off coupons on all of the bags, too.  :D  They are NOT near the regular Tyson products in Walmart. There is a frozen section at the store near me called "Health Entrees," which now has a whole frozen pantry of gluten free options, like Van's waffles and Amy's frozen meals, along with some others that I had never seen before. Also found a new frozen fettucini alfredo meal that is delicious (for frozen alfredo).

#11 karichelle

karichelle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:05 AM

I wish our Walmart had a gluten-free-ish section in the freezers. They don't. They do have a decent one on the shelves, but no Udi's bread or anything like that at my store. And no Van's waffles. There are a few Amy's meals that are with the Morningstar products and Lean Cuisines.

#12 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

i bought the perdue gluten-free nuggets, just average(kinda bland) according to kids.  But they are much cheaper than Ian's or Applefarms.  Not bad when you need a quick meal. 

#13 lisa74

lisa74

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

I need to look for these for my kids, thanks for sharing! I didn't know they existed.

#14 formygirl

formygirl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

just bought the purdue ones, and my girlie has gobbled them down!  

#15 maximoo

maximoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

I realized the after the  1st  (or 2nd ) time  that by following the cooking directions exactly the perdue  tenders weren't crispy enough. I cook them  longer now & the kids like them much better.

The bags says to cook at 425 for 9-11 mts, but cooking them for 16 mts yeilds a crispier tender w/o burning them. I also turn them over 1/2 way thru, and use  a toaster oven.  At publix it cost $6.29 but last week were on sale for $4.99, and I'm sure there will be a buy1 get 1 free sale in the not too distant future

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: