This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Jersey City, New Jersey

Gemini

Gemini Experienced

I am going to a wedding over Memorial Day week-end here and would greatly appreciate anyone who could give me some recommendations for safe food out.

I am still bringing some food with me as we have booked a room with a fridge and microwave but the family will be wanting to go out a couple of nights and if I can steer them to some safer choices for me, that would help immensely.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

killernj13 Enthusiast

Never eaten at these but here are some I found on the Find Me Gluten Fee app

John's Pizza for gluten-free pizza - Jersey City

Fire & Oak - Jersey City

Stack's Pancake House - Hoboken (next town over - available by some Light rail lines)

Bin 14 - Hoboken

Hudson Tavern - Hoboken

Takala Enthusiast

You probably want to check and see if these places sustained any damage from Hurricane Sandy-  just a head's up as it's in the affected area.  :(

Gemini Experienced

Never eaten at these but here are some I found on the Find Me Gluten Fee app

John's Pizza for gluten-free pizza - Jersey City

Fire & Oak - Jersey City

Stack's Pancake House - Hoboken (next town over - available by some Light rail lines)

Bin 14 - Hoboken

Hudson Tavern - Hoboken

Thank you for the suggestions!  I saw some of these listed on another website but was hoping someone would have some expereince on how good or bad they are.  Not to worry.....I'll find out soon enough myself.  I have to find a place that will keep everyone happy but as the planner that has to accommodate 2 Celiacs, it'll have to be a place that is listed as gluten-free friendly.

Gemini Experienced

You probably want to check and see if these places sustained any damage from Hurricane Sandy-  just a head's up as it's in the affected area.  :(

I think that area was not hit so bad as the wedding is a family member who lives there and they said everything returned to normal shortly after the storm.  It's right across the river from Manhattan. 

Archived