• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

TracyFL

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

So I went to the health food store  to stock up on some gluten-free snacks today. The lady working there told me that I should only buy grass-fed beef, as the grains that the regular steer eat will gluten me.  Any logic to this? i did have regular steak the other night with no effects.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,591 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

No. No logic. If your " meat" was full of what you ate, my son would look like pizza inside. Food is broken down and digested and changed into skin, hair, etc or usedas energy.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

bartfull

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

What you WILL get with grass-fed beef though, is meat from a healthier animal. It is also more likely that grass-fed beef hasn't been fed hormones and antibiotics. I flat out refuse to eat grocery store beef. I either get my beef from a local rancher or I buy bison. No hormones, antibiotics, or pink slime. Just pure nutrition, and it tastes better too.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

TracyFL

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

thanks:)  I thought it sounded silly LOL  But I would like to try grass fed just for the reasons you stated. I already do the free range organic chicken  Boy is my grocery bill high :rolleyes: :o

shadowicewolf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I only buy my beef from a local butcher. The freshes and reddest meat i've ever seen. I don't get belly aches from it either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: