Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Grain Eating Animals?

5 posts in this topic

So I went to the health food store  to stock up on some gluten-free snacks today. The lady working there told me that I should only buy grass-fed beef, as the grains that the regular steer eat will gluten me.  Any logic to this? i did have regular steak the other night with no effects.

Ads by Google:

No. No logic. If your " meat" was full of what you ate, my son would look like pizza inside. Food is broken down and digested and changed into skin, hair, etc or usedas energy.

What you WILL get with grass-fed beef though, is meat from a healthier animal. It is also more likely that grass-fed beef hasn't been fed hormones and antibiotics. I flat out refuse to eat grocery store beef. I either get my beef from a local rancher or I buy bison. No hormones, antibiotics, or pink slime. Just pure nutrition, and it tastes better too.

thanks:)  I thought it sounded silly LOL  But I would like to try grass fed just for the reasons you stated. I already do the free range organic chicken  Boy is my grocery bill high :rolleyes::o

I only buy my beef from a local butcher. The freshes and reddest meat i've ever seen. I don't get belly aches from it either.