38 replies to this topic

#1 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I am currently eating an Artisan Bistro gluten-free frozen " meal". This one is the Cheddar Beef Bake. I microwaved it and its pretty tasty. Not very big or cheesy but has a nice spicyness. Only 250 calories so it can't be very big. Not sure about the price as I got them on sale for about $2.89.

Organic, grass- fed no hormone beef.

http://www.theartisa...o.com/home.html

I will buy more.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

That would make my life SO MUCH EASIER! If only there was a gluten, soy, dairy, corn free one, i'd be all set.   :)

Glad you found something tasty!  

#3 julissa

julissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

totally agree, if you find any gluten-free DF SF good meals, please post!!

#4 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

julissa, I think we are SOL on that one.     :huh:  :wacko:

#5 julissa

julissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

julissa, I think we are SOL on that one.     :huh:  :wacko:

yeah, I am feeling that

#6 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

They have different "flavors".  Looks like some are dairy and soy free.

And really, folks...this is a Celiac forum...these are gluten free.  If they don't work for you because you can't or don't like an ingredient, fine.  No need to trash them or complain that I haven't posted something you would use.  People post recipes for quinoa.  I don't like quinoa but I don't post that the recipe sucks & could they find recipes without it.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#7 julissa

julissa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

sorry Karen, I didn't mean anything negative. I am just jealous that I have so many issues and can't eat the meal you posted about. I am glad you found something that works for you :)

#8 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Same here.  Just a bit jealous as I sit here with gut cramps and a fever from my celiac.  You are lucky that you can eat mainstream gluten free foods.  I am on a strict nothing processed diet.  My GI doctor said that it is the only way that I personally will get better.  This has been and is so so difficult for me.  I would give anything to be able to eat some gluten free processed foods and dairy products.

Sorry if I offended you.

-mo

#9 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Also, how in the heck did you find my first post offensive.  I was saying that I was glad that you found something tasty that worked for you.  

I am getting tired of coming here to this forum for support and I get my bootie chewed out for something.  I started posting in the super sensitive section where I probably belong but non-super sensitives go there and I get slammed there too.

#10 shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Perhaps that question would be better as a pm?

Just a thought.

At any rate, I'm glad you found something you like. :)

I'd rather make and freeze, but its good to know there is an alternative.

#11 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

C'mon, guys.....what the heck are you getting all upset about?  Kareng's post made me laugh because there are others who trash processed gluten-free stuff all the time, trying to make people feel guilty for eating them and somehow implying that those of us who can incorporate some processed foods in our diet aren't being stringent with the diet.  I've seen the posts.  I think Kareng might have been trying to avoid that aspect of it and wasn't posting to insult anyone. At least that's what I thought but what the hell do I know?  ;)

GFreeMO.....As you have so many food intolerances right now, it might be that once you heal, you will be able to include some processed stuff like this down the road.  There is hope! 

#12 GFreeMO

GFreeMO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Heck I dunno.  :unsure:

Gemini, I sure hope that you are right.  B/c all of this cooking from scratch is a PITA.  Before my stupid gluten challenge, I could eat a few processed foods. Now, nothing. Meat, fruit and veg.  Sucks

Sorry to hijack your thread Karen!  

Carry on celiacs...don't mind me.   :)

#13 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

These look interesting. A few have soy, a few don't so if I can find them around here I could try them and see how I like them. I've had to give up almost everything processed at this point because on top of soy I have had to entirely cut out MSG which is apparently in everything. :ph34r: The website says that they're at one of the local health food stores, but it got bought last year and the website is still calling it by the old name. I'll have to see how that turns out. Grocery shopping day isn't for another week anyway so I have to add it to the list and be patient. Not one of my virtues. :lol: I quit even glancing at these things in the freezer, knowing I could never eat them again so I'm glad you brought my attention to these.

These days microwave meals means that when I make a meatloaf or casserole or something, I divvy up the leftovers and freeze them so I can have something to yank out and microwave. It isn't as glamorous as buying a microwave meal but hey, it still gives me an option for when I'm just too damn lazy to cook.

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#14 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit touchy but it seems like we can't post a "processed" food we like without a lot of "I can't eat that" and "its not good for you because".  I think I have a right to get a bit pissed once in a while, too.  I usually get over it quickly because I like youse guys.  :wub:  I really didn't expect any comments, except maybe a "yea. I Iike the chicken one" or "I'm going to look for those". 

The fact is that right now there are 3 guests looking at this thread.  Maybe they googled gluten-free frozen dinners and this might be helpful.  I would bet that the majority of Celiacs in the US do not have multiple intolerances and often eat processed gluten-free foods.  I think we see a small sub-set of Celiacs and gluten intolerants on here.  That small sub-set are mostly new to Celiac disease or having extraordinary problems that keep them on here.  I stay on because I think we need to have someone who represents the "common" Celiac. 

Back to the topic - these are small meals. the one I had was tasty but I needed a nice salad or some fruit and a cookie to fill me up.  a glass of wine would have been nice but it was noon.  A bit early for me.  :blink:

santa-dance.gif

#15 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

A glass of wine is just grapes that have gotten better with age. Much like many of us have. Of course some of us get better after a glass of wine too. :P

And I'm still glad you said something. When I do my shopping at 300 grocery stores trip I'll see what I can dig up. (Okay, it is only 5/6 but it feels like 300 some days!)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frozen meals, microwave, artisan bistro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: