Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

gluten-free Microwave Frozen Meals

39 posts in this topic

Thankfully I have a total notch omelet maker in house.  If I didn't, those sound pretty good.  

Colleen 

Ads by Google:

Thankfully I have a total notch omelet maker in house.  If I didn't, those sound pretty good.  

Colleen 

My husband makes the BEST omelets ever...he's gotten quite good at it.  However, he doesn't like egg white omelets so doesn't make those. I use these when time is limited...which is often.  I was very surprised at how good these are. They can be difficult to keep in stock at my local grocery store.....I think the gluten-free people have discovered them.  ;)

My husband makes the BEST omelets ever...he's gotten quite good at it.  However, he doesn't like egg white omelets so doesn't make those. I use these when time is limited...which is often.  I was very surprised at how good these are. They can be difficult to keep in stock at my local grocery store.....I think the gluten-free people have discovered them.  ;)

I think they would be good for work or traveling, too. I haven't seen them but I'll look.

I have not had an egg roll in a LONG time! I hope I can find those at a store near me! We went to the city today, over 2 hours round trip and found the frozen Bistro meals! We do buy some processed foods because my poor husband does most of the cooking (I am not able to do it any longer)  plus he works 11 hours a day, 6 days per week at 62 years old so he needs the break sometimes.

Thanks for the suggestion Bunnie. :D

Edited to add, I checked on locations of the egg rolls and none are sold within a 100 miles of me.

I am currently eating an Artisan Bistro gluten-free frozen " meal". This one is the Cheddar Beef Bake. I microwaved it and its pretty tasty. Not very big or cheesy but has a nice spicyness. Only 250 calories so it can't be very big. Not sure about the price as I got them on sale for about $2.89.

Organic, grass- fed no hormone beef.

http://www.theartisanbistro.com/home.html

I will buy more.

Oh wow!  Finally something my daughter can eat!  Between her needing whole grains, picky eating and food intolerances there isn't much in the way of convenience foods for her.  But it looks like she can eat the tuna bake.  And tuna isn't something that she gets often because I can't eat it.  But she loves it.  And she loves peas.  And they sell it at a store near where my dad is.  So I'll look for it.  Thanks!

Thanks Karen, these sound really good!  I am like someone else who posted, I don't even look at most things like this anymore.  But it might be time to change that.

I wiil have to go to Whole Paycheck Foods and see if I can find those. Thanks! There are definitely days where something quick and nukable would come in handy. My picky husband might even eat that.

I just tried Tandoor Chef Chicken Pad Thai and it was really good.  It says "Gluten Free" though not certified and it does say made in a facility that processes tree nuts, milk, wheat and sesame, so not for everyone.

Ingredients are:  Rice Noodles, Chicken Breast, Onions, Bean Sprouts, Milled Cane Sugar, Scallions, Peanuts, Carrots, Canola Oil, Vinegar, Radishes, Organic Wheat-Free Soy Sauce, Red Chili, Coriander, Garlic, Salt, Tamarind, Ginger, Basil, Potato Starch, Dextrose.

Have Celiac and I'm still pretty new to this - did I take a foolish chance given the "made in a facility..." warning?  Ate about 90 minutes ago and feel fine.  I'd like to have this again.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

I don't think that is foolish at all.  All the ingredients are gluten-free and the CYA of shared facility doesn't mean wheat ever gets near that particular product.  Someone very wise has posted -- most of our kitchens are "shared facilities".

Should you find you are reacting to products with a shared facility stmt...then remove them.

I love frozen meals, because they make it easy to come home to a quick meal and keep me from trying to get takeout, which can be a challenge and still sometimes turns out badly from a gluten-free standpoint. Amy's are my favorites since I'm vegetarian as well -- I find that a lot of the ones without a "Gluten Free" banner across the top are gluten-free...they'll have it on the bottom corner of the package instead. They do have some dairy free and soy free options. Not sure about corn free but I would think there would at least be a couple of options there. I really like their DF/SF/gluten-free mac and cheese, but I don't have it often because it's high fat/calorie.

Thank you for posting the info karen:-)

I have a teenager who is eating a lot. Growing a lot too. So I am having a hard time keeping up with home cooked meals for him. I feel better when he is out at a friends house to send food with him.

Thank you for posting the info karen:-)

I have a teenager who is eating a lot. Growing a lot too. So I am having a hard time keeping up with home cooked meals for him. I feel better when he is out at a friends house to send food with him.

http://www.glutenfreedafoods.com/

Have you tried these? More like what the other teens would be eating.

Now I just have to find some of those products.  It look's like there has been another merger/buyout between Julie's and Glutenfreeda.  Now I have to figure out when this happened?

Now I just have to find some of those products.  It look's like there has been another merger/buyout between Julie's and Glutenfreeda.  Now I have to figure out when this happened?

I think quite some time ago, judging based on the ice cream sandwiches made

with Glutenfreeda cookies and Julie's ice cream I've seen on shelves for a few

years now. That may have been a precursor to a merger or something tho. I do

know that Julie's ice cream is quite tasty!