No replies to this topic

#1 ldslara

ldslara

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

My 14 year old daughter tested negative on the celiac disease blood test panel, but has always had skin rashes including Keratosis pilaris on her upper arms for several years.  She also complains of aching joints. Since both her brothers and I tested positive on the celiac panel and have been dx with Celiac disease, and our home is now gluten-free, I convinced her to do a month long gluten free trial. After the month the Keratosis pilaris is almost completely gone, but her aching joints haven't changed much (sometimes she thinks its better, sometimes she's not sure). The plan was that she could go back on gluten this month, so that's what she did, mostly at school, to see if she had any reaction or if the rash returns. She hasn't really felt different so far, but is considering another trial, especially if her Keratosis pilaris returns. Any suggestions on how long the trial should be to see if it really helps with her joint pain?  Also, are there any  different testing she could do outside of the celiac panel that you'd recommend? She says if she had a positive test she'd be willing to go gluten free for good, but is reluctant just to do it just to get rid of the Keratosis pilaris, which looks bad, but isn't uncomfortable really.  I worry that this is just the tip of the iceburg, and even if she still tests negative, getting off gluten now would be the best for her long term health.  Thanks for your help!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: